Cables & Connectors (95)
Control Panels & Interfaces (9)
Digital & Streaming Media Distribution Equipment (8)
Protective Cases (7)
Telephony & VoIP Systems (60)
This video will provide you with the Benefits of the Polycom® RealPresence™ Ready video collaboration solution delivers high-quality, reliable video communications in a pre-assembled simple, affordable package that enables small and medium-sized business users to communicate more effectively, efficiently, and productively
What's new at Polycom, Inc.
Including New Group Series, New Ultra-Slim VisualEdge™ Executive Desktop, and Polycom® RealPresence® Software for PCs and Mobile Device
- New portfolio delivers the industry’s best user experience (Polycom UX™) with more than 20 new user innovations and features, including a completely redesigned UI and the industry's most lifelike HD image quality (up to 1080p60 resolution), patent-pending Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology, and innovative only-from-Polycom video, content sharing and audio features, all while minimizing IT management and support requirements
- New portfolio supports first open standards-based SVC protocol that, when powered by the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, results in 3X HD multipoint video capacity for massive scalability, significantly lower TCO, superior video performance, and backwards- and forwards-compatibility for investment protection
- Polycom® RealPresence® VisualEdge™ delivers ultra-slim and sleek design along with powerful executive desktop video collaboration experiences, and best in class performance as PC display
- Updated Polycom® RealPresence® Desktop 2.0 Software for PCs and laptops, and Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile 2.0 for tablets and smartphones, adopt the new user interface for ease of use and now support both AVC and SVC protocols
- Patent-pending Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology built into RealPresence® Mobile 2.0, wirelessly connects Apple iPads to Group Series, enhanced HDX series and RealPresence® VisualEdge™, letting users control video meetings with their tablets and transfer a live video call from their tablet to a big screen with the swipe of a finger
Oct 8, 2012, SAN JOSE, Calif. and NEW YORK
Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications, today unveiled an expanded portfolio of next-generation video collaboration endpoints ranging from new systems for rooms of all sizes, to a sleek and powerful executive desktop system, to enhanced software for PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones, all with best-in-class user experiences. The new endpoints boast the new Polycom UX™ (new user experience), which delivers the industry’s best video collaboration experience with more than 20 new user innovations and features, including a completely redesigned UI and the industry's most lifelike HD image quality (up to 1080p60 resolution), patent-pending Polycom SmartPairing™ technology, and innovative only-from-Polycom video, content sharing, and audio features. Polycom UX is designed to drive a superior experience and ease of use for users to increase adoption, while minimizing IT management and support, keeping IT costs down and usage up for better total cost of ownership (TCO).
The new portfolio also supports the industry’s first implementation of open standards-based Scalable Video Coding (SVC) technology, which delivers 3X HD multipoint capacity for greater scalability and dramatically lower TCO, higher quality video performance across devices, and breakthrough interoperability for backwards- and forwards- compatibility, protecting customers’ video investments and eliminating the need for expensive gateways or hardware required by competitive proprietary SVC products (see related press release). An extension to Polycom’s current video solutions, the next-generation portfolio includes:
- Polycom® RealPresence® Group Series (300, 500 and 700) – next-generation HD video collaboration systems for both rooms and budgets of all sizes, which can be used with patent-pending SmartPairing™ technology built into RealPresence Mobile 2.0.
- Polycom® RealPresence® VisualEdge™ – delivers ultra-slim (less than an inch thick) and sleek design along with powerful executive desktop video collaboration experiences, with the highest video resolution (up to 1080p60) and the largest screen (27”) in its category, which can also serve as a PC display.
- Updated Polycom® RealPresence® Desktop 2.0 software for PCs and laptops (Windows and Mac OS X) and Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile 2.0 for tablets and smartphones (iOS and Android devices) – extends video beyond conference rooms, enabling organizations to deliver video collaboration to more users in more environments.
“Years of R&D have gone into developing these solutions, which are designed to deliver the best user experience with the highest video and audio performance in the industry, regardless of whether users are in the office, at home, or remote with a mobile device,” said Sudhakar Ramakrishna, President of Products and Services, Polycom. “A key to the new Polycom experience is a new UI that greatly simplifies the navigation for conducting and controlling video meetings and reduces IT management and training costs. From the underlying software to new hardware design and ‘cool’ form factors, we have extended our world-class portfolio of Polycom video collaboration endpoints as we move to further drive the mass adoption of video while satisfying a variety of use cases—from travelling sales reps and teleworkers, to executives and dispersed engineering orgs, to remote professors and physicians.”
Polycom UX – Best Experience for End Users and IT Administrators
The extended portfolio of next-generation video collaboration solutions includes the Polycom UX, the industry’s best user experience. Features include:
- Simple and intuitive new UI. The new UI delivers a simple, intuitive and elegant user interface that will be visually and functionally consistent across Polycom’s next-generation video collaboration solutions. Based on years of extensive user testing and human factors research, the UI is designed with features like drop-down menus for ease of use, smart menus that remember the last contact, elegant and intuitive navigation, and a dramatically simplified new remote control, making it easy for anyone to initiate and control video meetings.
- Best-in-class video performance and audio quality. Delivers the highest quality video resolution (up to 1080p60) for the industry’s most lifelike visual experience, which is critical in various industries such as healthcare for telemedicine, entertainment for movie production and virtual music concerts, and manufacturing for design collaboration, product testing, and factory troubleshooting. In addition, Polycom’s legendary HD audio technology includes the new patent-pending Polycom® NoiseCancel™ technology, which heightens collaboration by automatically eliminating unwanted or distracting noises like keyboard typing or paper shuffling; and Polycom® ConstantClarity™ technology, which enables extraordinary audio and video fidelity that allows users to distinguish every syllable of every word they hear in a Polycom video conference, resulting in an amazing video experience even in challenging environments
- Only from Polycom, the industry’s first SmartPairing technology. Patent-pending Polycom SmartPairing technology, built into RealPresence Mobile 2.0, wirelessly connects Apple iPads to Group Series, enhanced HDX series, and RealPresence VisualEdge products, letting users control video meetings with their tablets and transfer a live video call from their tablet to a big screen with the swipe of a finger.
Extended Endpoints for Every Environment
The next-generation portfolio gives organizations the flexibility to
Contact AVI Systems