Extends DVI up to 1650 feet (500 meters) over fiber optics cables.
The Gefen DVI-1500HD allows a single link video signal to be extended over long distances by using multimode LC-LC fiber optic cable. Fiber Optics technology allows the DVI•1500HD to carry video signals over long distances that would not be possible with traditional CAT5 extension. The use of fiber optic cabling protects the video signal from electromagnetic interference (EMI) which can degrade the video signal.
How It Works
The DVI-1500HDS Sender unit sits next to your computer, set-top box or DVD player source. The cable supplied with the DVI-1500HD connects your DVI source to the Sender unit. The DVI-1500HDR Receiver unit sits next to your DVI display - up to 1650 feet (330 feet with HDCP) away. The display plugs into the back of the DVI-1500HDR Receiver unit. One CAT-5 cable and a multi mode LC-LC fiber optic cable (4 strand) connect the DVI-1500HDS and the DVI-1500HDR units to each other.
- Extends any DVI device without HDCP up to 1650 feet (500 meters)
- Extends any DVI device with HDCP up to 330 feet (100 meters) (requires additional CAT-5e Cable)
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- Uses a four-strand multimode LC-LC fiber optic cable
- Uses one CAT-5e cable for DDC and control signals
- Eliminates computer noise at your workstation
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI-compliant monitors
- HDCP compliant (maximum distance is 330 feet with HDCP)
- 1U tall, half-rack width enclosures are rack-mountable using EXT-RACK-1U