The FlexShade ZIP system is similar to a standard roller shade but incorporates a "zip" detail that is welded to the two vertical sides of the fabric panel. The zip edges of the fabric panel run inside inner channels in the side guide extrusions. These inner channels are held inside the side guide extrusion and have cushioning pads to dampen the movement of the fabric panel under wind load. The zip detail stops the fabric from being pulled out of the side guide and makes it very wind resistant.
- Two headbox sizes: 4-1/8" (105mm) & 5" (125mm) (height)
Two headbox designs: standard and curved
- Side Guides can be jamb mounted or face mounted
- Can also serve as an insect screen
- Prevents light penetration at the sides of the system and can be used as a blackout system for interior applications.
- Can be used on both the exterior and interior
- Side guide channel width = 1-3/4" / 44.45mm (which is significantly smaller than the width of the side guide for a standard blackout system so it leaves a wider window opening)
- Very wind resistant. Wind tunnel tested up to 90 mph with fabric staying in side channels and bottom rail not lifting.
- A variety of Fiberglass core fabrics are available. Polyester core yarn fabrics are not an option with the exception of Soltis.
- Excellent solution for outdoor food service areas and garage door openings