The R4 wireless video display is a
state-of-the-art receiver capable of
supplying verbatim closed captions,
subtitles, graphics or audio playback
on an individual hand-held receiver.
Originally designed for live theatrical
productions, this fully-automated
system conveys pre-programmed
dialogue, lyrics and sound effects with
the efficiency of real-time captioning at
a fraction of the cost and manpower.
Each R4 receiver is a self-contained,
non-intrusive wireless unit that can be
used in any seat in the venue, allowing
patrons with special needs to become
active members of the general
audience, no longer limited to certain
performances or relegated to special
The R4, when coupled with the T4
transmitter and the CS-3 control unit,
will display I-Caption user defined
slides for closed captions or subtitling.
The R4 can also playback prerecorded
audio files in mp3 format for audio
description for the blind or for multilingual
audio commentary. When used
with the I-Caption computer base
station is the key component to a
completely automated display system,
utilizing proprietary wireless
technology to deliver reliable cue
changes every time.
The R4 handheld unit incorporates a sensitive RF transceiver utilizing a peerto-
peer protocol in 2.4 GHz range for operation in global markets. This
innovative mesh protocol offers added network stability through self-healing,
self-discovery, and dense network operation. All of the video and audio
content are stored on the units' removable micro-SD card. The unit reads jpg
format to display graphic data while playing mono or stereo mp3 audio files.
- High resolution color TFT LCD display supplies crisp graphics and text that is easy see at all angles.
- 3.5” LCD display allows a comfortable amount of dialogue on the screen at one time.
- Backlight can be ramped on or down from 0% to 100% over a specified period of time for each individual slide allowing the natural transition from dark to light.
- Each unit has been ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in the patron's hand with little or no long–term fatigue.
- Completely self-contained, battery powered, receiving show information via an innovative 2.4 GHz mesh network, specifically designed to work in high traffic radio transmission areas.
- Completely automated delivery of audio and video segments when coupled with the I-Caption CS-3 control unit.