Barco's weConnect Virtual classroom solution offers a unique learning experience for remote students. It allows participants worldwide to interact in real time with one another and with the teacher, as if they were all in one classroom. The solution’s unique configuration allows the participants to view all of the other participants through an interactive web page, which encourages communication, virtual hand-raising and collaboration in sub-teams.
The custom user interfaces offer more options for the students to be aware of their fellow participants in their virtual classroom. The teacher sees a large display wall containing student video (not just a camera). All this helps improve engagement and - together with a number of rapid camera switches - lengthens attention spans to levels like those of a live interactive class.
Every virtual classroom is a unique and custom-made project, based on your requirements. Contact us for more information.
- Wireless presentation for all BYODs
- The display node allows 4 BYODs to simultaneously mirror content to the classroom display, while everybody is at all times connected to the system
- Teachers and students can easily share to the displays using a Windows PC, a Mac, Chromebook, Linux, iOS or Android device
- The wireless presentation uses the free MirrorOP app or Airplay
- The display node provides thumbnail views on the student and teacher devices for use in note taking or for detailed viewing
- Interactivity, moderation and collaboration
- Teachers control the displays from a simple web interface with live preview of the classroom screen and shared student content
- Students and teachers interact through an optional web-based cloud application
- The web interface is compatible with all major platforms, from phones to laptops
- The display node integrates easily in the campus network with connectivity over multiple subnets to student and teacher WIFI networks
- Single Sign On capability is provided through Eduroam
- Students and teachers can use their standard network connections to use the local services as well as the presentation, interaction and collaboration features of the BYOD Classroom
- Optionally, a BYOD Classroom can send content to a remote classroom