The C8-i is the latest innovation in line array technology for permanent installations. It incorporates an advanced transducer technology for both midrange and high frequency reproduction, both of which join a common waveguide. At least two amplifier channels are required, one for low freq., one for mid/hi which is coupled via an internal passive crossover network.
The centrally located mid/high section provides 10° vertical coverage and variable horizontal coverage. The horizontal pattern may be altered to optimize coverage within the context of the application. The horizontal coverage angle may be defined symmetrically or asymmetrically by standard angles between 50° and 140° in 10° increments or may be custom configured with continuously variable Clair True Fit custom waveguides. The horn and waveguides are constructed, as all Clair waveguides are, with CNC machined Baltic birch plywood. This is symmetrically flanked by the C8-i low frequency sections. Each 8” low frequency driver is front loaded in its own tuned reflex chamber.
The C8-i speaker cabinet is designed to provide exceptional intelligibility and is capable of a frequency response of 60Hz–20kHz.
The C8-i has one of the most versatile, quick and easy to use rigging systems in the industry today. Each enclosure is equipped with structurally integrated bimodal rigging to allow for quick coverage angle adjustments for multiple venue arrangements. Rear rigging hardware allows for angle adjustments between 0 and 10 degrees at 0, 2.5, 5, 7.5 or 10 degree increments.
As with all Clair Brothers products, the C8-i is constructed of the finest Baltic birch plywood and finished with a rugged exterior epoxy to withstand the most demanding conditions.
The grille is constructed of high-grade 14 gauge perforated steel and finished with a commercial grade powder coat finish.
Models: C8-i-##°, ##=Horizontal Dispersion 50°-to-140° H, 10° increments
C8-True Fit, Custom Configured Variable Waveguides
- 8" Compact Line Array | Three-Way Active (Bi-Amp with Passive Mid/Hi)
- Max. Output: Cont 135 dB SPL; Peak 145 dB SPL Bandpass Dependent
- Drivers: LF: (2) 8in. (203.2mm); MF: (1) 3.5in. (89mm); HF: (1) Exit 1.4in. (35.6mm) and Voice coil diameter 1.75in. (44.5mm)
- Frequency Response [Single Cabinet]: 60Hz–20kHz (+/- 3dB); (-10dB) 54Hz–22kHz
- Recommended Power Amplifier: CB-PLM12K44 or CB-D80:4L
- Nominal Impedance: LF: 16 Ohms, (MF: 16 Ohms; HF: 16 Ohms): Integrated Passive Crossover Network
- Power Handling: LF|AES Power: 800W, LF|Peak Power: 1600W; MF|AES Power: 150W, MF|Peak Power: 500W; HF|AES Power: 160W, HF|Peak Power: 320W
- Dispersion Options: Standard: 120°H x 10°V; Optional Horizontal: 50-to-140°H (in 10° increments)
- Custom Dispersion: Clair True Fit: Custom Tailored Continuously Variable Waveguides
- Integral Bimodal Rigging
- Input Connection: (2) EP-8 Connectors – 1 Male, 1 Female