The 21LW1400 is a 21 inch high performance extended low frequency loudspeaker. The transducer can be used as a subwoofer component, in either a reflex, band-pass or horn-loaded configuration, in high power auditorium or arena loudspeaker systems. It provides clean and undistorted LF reproduction at very high SPL and enables the speaker to withstand high power levels without damage. The 21LW1400 design features include an exceptional displacement suspension system which, in conjunction with a carbon fiber reinforced straight-ribbed cone and the Double Silicon Spider (DSS), produces an ultra-linear piston action, providing full control across the entire working range.
The 100mm inside outside copper voice coil, based on our Interleaved Sandwich Voice-coil (ISV) technology, reaches high levels of thermal stability and durability. ISV technology is based on a high strength fiberglas former with half the coil wound on the outside and half on the inside and bonded together using unique high temperature resin adhesives. This results in a balanced linear motor unit which can exert an exceptionally high force factor.
- 99 dB SPL 1W / 1m average sensitivity
- 100 mm (4 in) Interleaved Sandwich Voice coil (ISV)
- 1400W AES power handling
- Carbon fiber reinforced straight-ribbed cone
- Double Silicon Spider (DSS) for improved excursion control and linearity
- Double Demodulating Rings (DDR) for lower distortion
- Improved heat dissipation via unique basket design
- Weather protected cone and plates for outdoor usage
- Suitable for ultra low frequency systems