WireCAD is a powerful and easy software that helps the non-CAD savvy engineer create CAD (dwg,dxf) documentation and manage cable, and connection information. WireCAD automatically creates functional block diagrams, rack layouts, assigns cable numbers, prints cable labels, bills of materials, and other reports.
WireCAD is a stand-alone software, not a plugin.
- Equipment Library -Simply describe your equipment in our Equipment Library and WireCAD will create your CAD blocks for you. You can also download over 31,000 equipment definitions from the WireCAD Community. Use the WireCAD default block shapes or customize your own.
- Cable drawing tools and devices with sticky wires make hook up and layout easy.
- A powerful project database tracks equipment, cable, and connection information across all drawings in the project.
- Data-driven automated functions from automatically numbering cables to auto-populating rack layouts.
- Rack layouts are location aware. Equipment moves update functional drawings and databases.
- Built in reporting with access to the complete WireCAD data set. Create reports such as: Cable Labels, Cable Run Sheets, Bill of Materials, Power Consumption and Heat Load and much, much more.
- Full 2D CAD editing capabilities in DWG, DXF and other formats (Compatible up to AutoCAD 2010). Open, view and edit DWG drawings.
- System Snap Shot is an installers dream. This feature creates a graphical representation of all connections to a piece of equipment. Installers will have all the information they need to get the job done right and fast.
- A powerful database management system available in VistaDB or SQL. Share databases with multi users; create users, groups and permission with shared work flows and databases.
- Developers SDK so that you can create specific plug-ins to meet your needs using any .NET language, or let us create them for you.