The FlexWave Light Shelf is an architectural element that allows light to penetrate deeper into a room. This horizontal shelf is placed above eye-level and is used to reflect light onto the ceiling, bringing light deeper into the space. This distribution of light reduces "hot spots" and allows a deeper penetration of glare-free natural light.
Balancing daylight and artificial light by using dimming controls and solar control systems that include the FlexWave Light Shelf can significantly reduce the energy consumption of light fixtures and HVAC.
Dimming fixtures by as much as 50% may be barely noticeable to building occupants, unless they are involved in tasks that require visual acuity, but can save on the use of electric lighting sources.
- Proven to reduce the need for artificial lighting in buildings.
- Can be installed in single sections or continuous runs.
- The use of incandescent and fluorescent lighting can be reduced or completely eliminated, depending on the space.
- In spaces such as classrooms and offices, light shelves have been proven to increase occupant productivity, health, and reduction of employee absenteeism.
- Incorporating light shelves in a building design is admissible for the LEED point system, falling under the “Indoor Environment Quality: Daylight & Views” category.
- Shelf can be easily rotated down, without the use of tools, for cleaning. Resistant to dust collection.
- Lightweight constructions. Quick and easy install.