The DM-TX-401-C provides a versatile interface for computers and high-definition AV sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+® transmitter and switcher, providing DisplayPort, HDMI®, VGA, composite video, and analog audio inputs. It also functions as a control module, providing RS-232 and IR control ports, plus Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, allowing it to be connected directly to the input of an HDBaseT certified display device. It can be rack-mounted, placed on a shelf, or attached under a table , and connects to the head end or display location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable.
Installed in a stationary podium or equipment rack, the DM-TX-401-Coffersan ideal solution for integrating rack-mounted sources, switchers, and AV receivers into the DigitalMedia system. Mounted under a table or in a movable lectern or AV cart, it affords a simple means for connecting mobile devices, computers, cameras, and other “BYOD” sources. In a conference center or auditorium, a portable DM-TX-401-C can be connected to the system through wall plates and floor boxes as needed, requiring just a single DM 8G+jack(MP-WP181-C or MPI-WP181-C) at each location.
As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DMis called DigitalMedia 8G™ (DM 8G®). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twisted pair or fiber optic cable.
DM 8G over twistedpair copper wire is called DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+). DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for 3D, Deep Color, and HDCP, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS-HD®,as well as uncompressed linear PCM.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 4x1 AV switcher with front panel input selection, auto-switching, and analog audio-breakaway
- QuickSwitchHD™ technology achieves fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides DisplayPort, HDMI®, RGB/component, and composite video inputs
- Also supports DVI sources
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- HandlesDolby® TrueHD,Dolby Atmos®,DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCMaudio
- Includes RCA and mini-TRS stereo analog line-level audio inputs
- Allows embedding of stereo 2-channel analog audio signals
- HDCP compliant
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Includes advanced analog video processing and time base correction
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local keyboard/mouse
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Compatible with Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddies
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Single-space, half-width 19-inch rack-mountable
- Under-table mountable
- Powered viathe DM connection or local power pack (included)