The 5401CS is a push-to-talk switch only digital microphone station. It is a network appliance with a unique IP address that requires no configuration. Just like IED’s other digital microphone stations, the 5401CS uses a single Ethernet interface for audio and control data. The 5401CS is fully compatible with IEEE 802.3af standard for Power over Ethernet (PoE), allowing the microphone station to be powered directly from any standard off-the-shelf PoE switch.
The 5401CS utilizes Dante™ technology for transporting high-quality, low-latency digital audio over Ethernet. The 5401CS microphone station may be used as part of an EN54-16 listed life safety system; although the mic stations themselves are not EN 54-16 listed and cannot be used for the emergency locations. Instead, in a dual-use system, these microphone stations may be used for everyday paging functions.
- Immediate Digitization of Full Bandwidth Audio
- Digital Audio Transmission Over Standard Ethernet Connection
- Mounts Using Standard 1- or 2-Gang Electrical Box
- Power, Busy, and Ready LED Indicators
- Digital microphone station provides immediate high-quality digitization of full bandwidth audio, and transmission over a standard Ethernet connection
- Microphone stations utilize the IED501HH teardrop handheld microphone that includes a programmable push-to-talk switch
- Station uses a metal magnet landing area for the 501HH to provide a storage position for the microphone
- Standard configuration, the microphone stations can be mounted using a standard 2-gang electrical box or a 1-gang electrical box using the included plastic backbox
- Optional weighted based (IEDA530DTB) is available for desktop mounting configurations
- Microphone stations have indicators for power, busy and ready states, as well as a beeper to alert the operator during certain states of the microphone station