Barco's MDSC-2242 is a 42-inch large-screen surgical display with LED backlight, featuring full HD resolution. Purpose-built for the operating room, the MDSC-2242 can visualize a wide range of analog and digital video sources, including HD endoscopic video, room and boom camera video, patient and surgery information, radiology and pathology images, with ultimate detail.
Color-calibrated, artifact-free images
Thanks to its high brightness, high contrast and high resolution, the MDSC-2242 presents surgeons with accurate, realistic images and excellent depth perception. It also offers the fastest, lag-free transmission of surgical images and the highest image quality available today.
Our next-generation motion adaptive de-interlacing and noise reduction algorithms, using full 10-bit image processing and a 12-bit look-up table, make the MDSC-2242 ideal for consulting PACS images in the OR.
Multi-source, multi-display imaging over IP
With its broad input connectivity, the MDSC-2242 offers the highest flexibility for multi-modality imaging (PiP & PaP), enabling reproduction of images from multiple sources and to multiple displays in the integrated operating room.
The 42-inch display is one of Barco's network-enabled surgical displays and offers integrated functionality (optional) for use with Nexxis digital OR, ensuring smooth distribution of uncompressed video and data over the IP network without delay.
Designed for use in the operating room
Barco's MDSC-2242 allows easy cleaning and disinfection thanks to its anti-reflective protective front glass.
The fan-less design avoids the spread of contaminants in the operating room.
- 24” wide-screen LCD
- Full HD resolution
- Wide viewing angle
- High-brightness LED backlight
- Advanced, full 10-bit, image processing algorithms for artifact-free video reproduction
- Widest range of SD and HD input signals, including 3G-SDI and DisplayPort
- Calibrated for perfect color and grayscale reproduction (ITU 709 and DICOM standards)
- Easy cleaning thanks to full size protection screen and smooth design without gaps
- Easy cable management allowing hiding of cables in a flexible back cover
- Lightweight for easy mounting on spring arms
- Interactive patient care
- Clinical specialties