Our new Star System One is a modular professional monitoring system with a seamless upgrade path from 2.0 to 7.1. It’s a compelling solution for audio professionals in live television, audio post for film, television, and gaming, as well as music recording and mixing. Using the best of today’s advanced digital electronics and transducer innovations, the Star System One is the finest monitoring system Blue Sky has ever offered, and challenges the best available technology from any manufacturer.
While there are lots of monitors out there that sound “awesome”, there are far fewer that have been designed to let you hear a surgically precise rendering of what’s “in the wires”. Blue Sky has always focused on precision and accuracy, and the Star System One takes this to a much higher level. Our passion for accuracy is one reason why Blue Sky monitoring systems are used by some of the top facilities in the business.
All Star System One configurations are built using SAT 6Ds, which are full-range/satellite systems, and our subwoofer, the Sub 12D. The Sat 6D can be configured as a full-range system (when a sub is not utilized) through selectable DSP low-pass filters and a rear port with a removable plate.
A great monitor system will not deliver the goods in an acoustical environment that degrades accuracy with its own frequency response problems, and these can be quite pronounced in all but the finest acoustically-designed rooms. Let’s face it, a lot of the rooms that pros find themselves working in these days, particularly in mobile television production, are - ahem - sub-optimal. Blue Sky provides tools to precisely optimize and calibrate the system’s performance in your working environment, helping to compensate for these problems. Each SAT 6D and Sub 12D has powerful built-in processing with full 1/3 octave graphic EQ plus 8 bands of parametric EQ and filters. And these tools are remarkably easy to use, thanks to Blue Sky’s Speaker Manager PC software, which is included with every system.
- Blue Sky’s speaker room optimization (SRO) room measurement tools enable optimal correction of room problems and system calibration to house curves
- Working in tandem with the blue-sky speaker manager software and our proprietary binary organic optimization (BOO) software
- SRO system calculates the optimal EQ settings needed to precisely achieve the response curve you provide
- Running in the background through thousands of permutations to find the individual EQ band settings that produce the best overall result
- Designed-and-built 6.5-inch cast frame woofer with a radial neo motor
- 1-inch Scan-speak ring radiator tweeter made in Denmark (where many of the world’s great tweeters are born and bred)
- 450-watts of Hypex UcD amplifier power with trickle down N-core technology