The DMC-4K-C is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DM 8G+® input, with complementary HDMI® pass-through and analog audio outputs. The DM 8G+ input enables the connection of a DM 8G+ transmitter, the output of another DM® switcher, or an HDBaseT® certified source, using a single CAT type twisted pair cable. Power over DM (PoDM) is supplied through the same connection, providing a centralized power source for PoDM compatible transmitters.
NOTE: Refer to model DMC-4K-C-DSP for use with surround sound sources.
NOTE: The latest version of the DMC-4K-C is model DMC-4K-C-HDCP2, which is an updated version of the original DMC-4K-C that adds support for HDCP 2.2. The original DMC-4K-C supports HDCP 1.1.4K Ultra HD
The DMC-4K-C features the latest DM 8G+ technology, providing support for the transport of 4K and Ultra HD video signals. Support for 4K video also ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.DigitalMedia 8G+®
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over twisted pair copper wire. DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for HDCP 2.2 , Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM Ultra or DM 8G® Cable, or third-party CAT5e. Higher resolutions up to UHD and 4K are supported at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 feet (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 feet (50 m) using CAT5e.HDBaseT® Certified
Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. An HDBaseT compliant device can be connected directly to the DM 8G+ input on the DMC-4K-C without requiring a DM transmitter.HDMI® Pass-Through
Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single 4K DM 8G+® input
- HDBaseT® Certified-Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Handles video resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant 
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM® Ultra cable 
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e 
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e 
- Includes an HDMI® output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control 
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Enables device control via CEC
- Supports PoDM and PoH 
- Occupies a single DM switcher input card slot
- Provides a rack-mountable DM 8G+ receiver solution using the optional DMCI card interface