- Ports can be fully configured from software as a) 8x independent 3G-SDI/ASI (or downscaled 12G-SDI), b) 2x 12G-SDI, or c) 2x quad-link 4K.
- External synchronization of SDI outputs with analogue genlock port that accepts bi- and tri-level sync signals.
- Eight independently configurable ports on a single low profile PCIe card!
- Software-based UHD decoder and/or encoder with single 12G-SDI or quad-link 3G-SDI interfacing.
- 4K decoder with downscaled 3G-SDI monitoring output.
- Multi-port SDI and/or ASI applications, e.g.:
- Live production mixers;
- Transport-stream multiplexers;
- SDI multi viewers;
- Multi-channel transcoding to/from IP.
The Matrix-API framework decodes incoming SDI data into pixels (in a programmable format), audio samples and ANC data structures. When a new frame has been received, the framework calls a user-supplied "frame-processor callback" for processing of the data. The user callback can create output video, audio and ANC data, which is encoded by the framework into SDI frames.
Synchronization of multiple input streams is straightforward: The video/audio/anc data of all SDI frames supplied to the callback function have the same arrival time by definition. Past frames can be accessed by an integer frame index. The framework ensures that if frames from different input ports have the same frame index, they have entered the system at the same time instance.