The LX-161U is a Time Code display featuring .56" yellow LED displays. The unit accepts, via the rear-mounted BNC connector, either ESE Time Code™ (TC76™, TC89™, or TC90™) or SMPTE/EBU Time Code (Time of Day only). RS-232C ASCII Time Code format "0", "1" or "A" at 9600 baud) may be input via the rear-mounted 9-pin connector. The LX-161U will automatically determine which code is being received. An internal DIP switch is used to configure the display for 12 or 24 Hour format, or to display the Date instead of time-of-day (if incoming time code contains Date information, such as ESE TC90, date-encoded SMPTE/EBU or ASCII formats "1" or "A"). If the Time Zone option is ordered, an internal DIP switch is installed for this function. If receiving ESE Time Code™ from a timer, the unit will display Minutes, Seconds and Tenths of Seconds (if the timer has the Tenths option).
With additional options, the LX-161U can function as a Time Code Converter. If Option NPR is ordered, the unit will read NPR Time Code exclusively and translate it to an ESE TC90™ output, accessible on a rear-mounted BNC connector. Up to 100 slave units may be driven, up to 4000' away. If Option RS is ordered, an RS-232C or RS-422A/RS-485 ASCII output is provided. The unit will output the received time in either ESE Format "A" (for time-of-day applications) or Format "B" (for elapsed timer applications). The output format is user selectable. A rear-mounted DB-9 connector is provided, and software is supplied to enable a computer to read the ASCII output and set the computer's clock.
The unit may be housed in one of three enclosures: the more rugged baked-powdercoat aluminum case (LX-161U); the brand new, modernized, molded plastic desktop enclosure (ES-161UE); or a 19", one RU panel/chassis (ES-161UEP).
- Reads SMPTE/EBU, ASCII & ESE Time Code™
- Automatic Code Detection
- Six .56" Yellow LED Displays
- Viewing Distance 20'
- Switchable Between 12 & 24 Hour Format Display
- Switchable to Date Display
- Optional Time Zone Offset
- Optional RS-232 ASCII output
- NPR Code Input / ESE TC90™ Output Option Available
- UL & 220-240 VAC options available (110-120 VAC is standard)
- Product Options:
- J---220 VAC/50 Hz Operation: The unit is configured to operate from 220 VAC line voltage. 117 VAC 50/60 Hz is standard.
- NPR---National Public Radio: Available only on LX/ES-161U. Allows the unit to read and display time code as received from NPR. Includes an ESE Time Code Output.
- RS---RS-232C Output: Computer Interface allows the time code data to be shared with a computer. RS-422A may be specified.
- TZ---Time Zone Offset: Internal DIP switch allows the hours (and half-hour) to be independently offset to any time zone.
- UL--- "UL" Approved Power Supply: The unit is supplied with a UL/CSA approved wall mount power supply.