The small-to-midsize utility routers offers the highest density per rack unit of any SDI video routing system on the market. With four different physical sizes, the Platinum VX can be used for practically any application. The 1RU and 2RU sizes are ideal for space-restricted, small matrix requirements, while the 4RU and 8RU versions are future-proofed and ideal for larger matrix requirements.
The Platinum VX can also coexist in a system along with Platinum MX or Platinum IP3. Under the Magellan control system, tielines can be created to connect Platinum VX, Platinum MX and Platinum IP3 frames into a single system.
The Platinum VX 1RU frame has a single electrical back module offering a standard 16 inputs and 16 outputs. Optional SFP modules can be added to the SFP cages, offering up to an additional 16 inputs and outputs, providing up to 32x32 I/O in a single rack unit. Supported SFP modules include optical (dual CWDM or dual 1310), dual HDBNC, analog conversion and HDMI. The power supplies for the 1RU Platinum VX are external to the frame and can support full redundancy.
The Platinum VX 2RU frame can be ordered in two configurations. The power supplies for the 2RU Platinum VX are external to the frame and can support full redundancy.
- 48 x 48 HDBNC I/O
- 72 x 72 HDBNC I/O
The Platinum VX 4RU frame is a modular design that enables it to be configured to order and expanded in the field as needed. Each I/O module supports 24x24 HDBNC or SFP connectivity. Supported SFP modules include optical, HDBNC, analog conversion and HDMI. When fully populated, the Platinum VX 4RU frame supports a 144X144 matrix. The power supplies for the 4RU Platinum VX are housed inside the frame and can support full redundancy.
The Platinum VX 8RU frame supports a modular design that enables it to be configured to order and expanded in the field as needed. Each I/O module supports 24 x 24 HDBNC or SFP connectivity. Supported SFP modules include optical, HDBNC, analog conversion and HDMI. When fully populated, the Platinum VX 8RU frame supports a 288X288 matrix. The power supplies for the 8RU Platinum VX are housed inside the frame and can support full redundancy.
Platinum VX leverages the Magellan Controller software developed for the larger Platinum IP3.
All set up and configuration functions are available through the web interface housed within each of the four frames.
Simple database programming is achieved when in standalone mode.
The Platinum VX router can also be programmed to be part of a larger system under the Magellan Controller, along with larger routers.
The platinum VX supports serial control from automation systems so there is no need for new drivers.
Platinum VX also supports control over LRC protocol which has been implemented by many third-party manufacturers.
With four frame sizes, Platinum VX installations can be tailored to the perfect size, supporting the routing needs of today or future expansion.
Each frame has the capability to utilize SFP modules to enhance the performance characteristics of the frame. SFP cages can be used for optical, additional HD-BNCs, analog conversion and HDMI I/O.
Full Redundancy Capabilities: all four frame sizes of the Platinum VX support redundant power capability. The larger 4RU and 8RU systems also support optional redundancy for both crosspoint and controller within the frame.
- Four frame sizes – supports a variety of matrix requirements (from 16x16 up to 288x288)
- Built-in Magellan control – eliminates need for external controller in system set up and configuration, simplifying and speeding up the process
- Fiber and electrical connectivity – uses SFP and HD-BNC modules for complete configuration flexibility
- Industry-proven – optimizes widely deployed, state-of-the-art Platinum router technology, delivering high quality and reliability
- Unmatched density – offers the highest density per rack unit of any SDI video routing system
- Future-proof flexibility – upgrade the 4RU and 8RU frames in the field as routing demands change
- Density: using HD-BNC and SFP connectivity, Platinum VX has the greatest density per rack unit of any SDI video routing system on the market.
- Wide range of supported signal types from 3Mb/s to over 3Gb/s
- SD-SDI & HD-SDI to 1080p (3Gb/s)
- ASI, SMPTE 310, SMPTE 305, etc.
- 4K and graphic routing beyond 3Gb/s supported via multiple paths
- Legacy analog video supported via conversion to/from SD-SDI on SFP I/O