As the broadcast industry continues to migrate toward IP and its inherent efficiencies, customers with less complex operational requirements or space constraints no longer have to make compromises when it comes to on-air and signal transport functionality.
Introducing the Selenio MCP1 — an extension of the award-winning original platform that delivers the same capabilities in a cost-effective, space-saving 1RU package. Ideal for fixed and mobile contribution applications with low channel counts or operations needing a more compact form factor, the Selenio MCP1 is customizable to user requirements and factory-tailored with up to three modules. Customers can choose cards based on specific application needs, spanning video encoding, decoding, multiplexing and baseband processing. The Selenio MCP1 features the same intuitive, web-based GUI as the original 3RU chassis, as well as a new operator-friendly front control panel.
Now you can fuel operational efficiencies for a smaller number of services, while reaping the benefits of the same core baseband and IP functionality of the proven original.
- Combined IP and baseband sub-networks in a single platform
- Video processing, advanced audio processing, compression and multiplexing in a single, flexible platform with intuitive graphical management tools ?Dual-channel baseband modules provide up to 6 channels of high-density baseband video processing, including
- Advanced audio processing capabilities, including integrated Dolby® E, Dolby® Digital, AAC, AAC-HE, MPEG audio and DTS Neural Surround™ UpMix, DownMix and DTS Neural Loudness Control
- Audio and video multiplexing and demultiplexing for compressed streams
- MPEG-2 and H.264 compression standards are supported from SD and HD to 3 Gb/s and mobile
- Support for up to 3 independent, single-slot modules with internal connectivity ?3 Gb/s baseband connections to/from each module
- 1 Gb/s data connection to/from each module
- Independent control network to/from each module
- Integrated, seamless signal redundancy with full redundant configurations across processing, compression and routing for critical broadcast paths
- Inputs/outputs include analog video/audio, SD-SDI, HD-SDI, AES audio (balanced, unbalanced), fiber optics, Ethernet for control and IP video, ASI and serial data
- Hot-swappable back modules
- Standard support for thumbnails, customizable alarms and MPEG-4 streaming
- Two external reference genlock loops; high-performance passive loop-through inputs
- Two redundant power supplies — each independently able to handle the complete chassis power load (300 W)
- Integral fan cooling with front-to-back primary airflow; designed to support full load at 40° C ambient with no thermal stacking limitations
- Direct Ethernet connectivity (1000Base-T for control/monitoring, 1000Base-T for data) to the chassis
- A variety of control methods to suit every operational environment: NUCLEUS™, CCS Navigator™, local control panel, rich interface application (RIA) HTTP web browser or third-party control systems via published SNMP MIBs for application modules