Seamlessly bringing together the worlds of IP-based streaming and baseband display equipment, Magewell’s Pro Convert H.26x to HDMI multi-protocol streaming media decoder transforms an H.264 (AVC) or H.265 (HEVC) compressed video stream into a high-quality HDMI output for connection to baseband monitors, projectors and switchers.
Supporting a wide range of streaming protocols – including SRT (Secure Reliable Transport), RTSP, RTMP, UDP, RTP and HTTP streaming – for maximum source compatibility, the low-latency decoder is ideal for applications including multi-site video distribution between corporate, educational and church campuses; image magnification (IMAG), remote production; surveillance monitoring; digital signage and more.
The Pro Convert H.26x to HDMI decodes streams up to 2160x1200 at 60 frames per second for output over its HDMI 2.0 interface. Leveraging built-in, FPGA-based video processing, the device can also up-convert HD or 2K source streams to 4K for viewing on Ultra HD displays. (See “Related Products” for native 4K models and configurations that also support NewTek’s NDI® AV-over-IP technology).
The plug-and-play decoder features DHCP-based network configuration and can detect the video and audio characteristics of the target display device via EDID metadata, automatically selecting optimal output parameters or providing the user with a range of compatible choices. Offering the high reliability, assured performance and compact size of dedicated hardware compared to software-based stream playout, the decoder can be powered via an external adapter or Power over Ethernet (PoE).
Users can specify source streams and control the decoders’ advanced settings through a browser-based interface; wired or wireless keyboard or mouse; or using on-device controls that overlay an intuitive menu on the HDMI output.
- Converts an internet-delivered H.264/H.265 stream into a high-quality HDMI output with extremely low latency
- Connects baseband presentation or distribution equipment such as displays, projectors and routers into streaming workflows
- Supports streaming protocols including SRT, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, RTP and HTTP
- Plug-and-play ease of use with automatic output format optimization and DHCP network configuration
- Decodes streams up to 2160x1200 at 60 frames per second
- Up-converts HD or 2K source streams to 4K for viewing on Ultra HD displays
- Advanced control via intuitive web-based UI, on-device controls (menu overlay on HDMI output) or keyboard/mouse (not included)
- Power via PoE or USB power supply
- Remote control of PTZ cameras
- Image flip for inverted projector installations and safe area controls