Seamlessly bringing together the worlds of IP-based streaming and baseband display equipment, Magewell’s Pro Convert H.26x to HDMI 4K multi-protocol streaming media decoder transforms an H.264 (AVC) or H.265 (HEVC) compressed video stream into a high-quality HDMI output for connection to baseband monitors, projectors and switchers.
Supporting a wide range of streaming protocols – including SRT (Secure Reliable Transport), RTSP, RTMP, UDP, RTP and HTTP streaming – for maximum source compatibility, the low-latency decoder is ideal for applications including multi-site video distribution between corporate, educational and church campuses; image magnification (IMAG), remote production; surveillance monitoring; digital signage and more. (See “Related Products” for models that also support NewTek’s NDI® AV-over-IP technology).
The Pro Convert H.26x to HDMI 4K decodes streams up to 4096x2160 at 60 frames per second for output over its HDMI 2.0 interface and can automatically optimize output parameters based on EDID metadata of the connected HDMI device. FPGA-based video processing enables high-quality up/down-conversion between HD and 4K.
Offering the high reliability, assured performance and compact size of dedicated hardware compared to software-based stream playout, the plug-and-play decoder features DHCP-based network configuration and can be powered via external adapter or PoE. Users can specify source streams and control the decoders’ advanced settings through a browser-based interface; wired or wireless keyboard or mouse; or using on-device controls that overlay an intuitive menu on the HDMI output.
- Converts an internet-delivered H.264/H.265 stream into a high-quality HDMI output with extremely low latency
- Connects baseband presentation or distribution equipment such as displays, projectors and routers into streaming workflows
- Supports streaming protocols including SRT, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, RTP and HTTP
- Plug-and-play ease of use with automatic output format optimization and DHCP network configuration
- Decodes streams up to 4096x2160 at 60 frames per second
- Automatically optimizes output (including high-quality up/down-conversion) based on EDID characteristics of connected display
- Advanced control via intuitive web-based UI, on-device controls (menu overlay on HDMI output) or keyboard/mouse (not included)
- Power via PoE or USB power supply
- Remote control of PTZ cameras
- Image flip for inverted projector installations and safe area controls