Net Prowler™ combines network testing (physical layer and link), cable verification & troubleshooting and PoE voltage testing in a handheld tester with a full-color display; all with the capability of saving and printing tests results from a personal computer.
Cable Verification & Troubleshooting:
The Net Prowler™ provides full cable testing on any category network, coax, or telephone cable. It will display wire map, numbered ID remotes, and any faults, including shorts, opens, miswires, split pairs, and reverses, The full-featured Net Prowler™ measures cable length (using TDR technology) and generates tone levels for signal tracing and cable identification on all pairs, a selected pair, or a selected pin.
PoE Voltage Testing:
The Net Prowler™ enables quick identification of a network drops link capability and current link status. Net Prowler&tm; also tests the presence of PoE on the network drop and what class of PoE per IEEE 802.3 af/at with load test for voltage drop. These network tests can also be saved for record keeping and printing.
- Kit Includes
- Net Prowler™ main unit
- Coax and Network Remote Set
- #1-5, F-Connector Coupler in foam holder
- Network/Tel Testing and ID Remote #1
- No-Fault Cables - Qty 2
- Micro USB Cable
- Hanging Pouch
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Display network devices & associated IP Addresses
- Test TCP/UDP throughput
- Ping both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses
- Tests the presence of VLANs
- CDP/LLDP/NDP and VLAN identification provides network configuration information
- Ping specific URL to verify WAN connectivity
- Blinks link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
- Tests and reports advertised and current link speed