Past generations of Precision Drive systems were only able to compensate for warped discs by moving the entire optical block, which took more time and limited the amount of correction possible. Sony's new Precision Drive™ 3 system simplifies the process by moving the lens-instead of the entire optical block-for faster and more accurate error correction.
Playing MP3 music on a Sony DVD Player is easy. Just insert an MP3 encoded disc and press MENU. A blue screen pops up to Display your folders. Scroll down the list using the remote or front panel cursor control to select the folder you want. The green files screen pops up to show the files in the selected folder. Select the file you want to hear and you're done. Finding music couldn't be easier.
- Progressive Output (480p)
- Precision drive™ 3 system for flaws in DVD discs
- Fast/slow playback with sound
- Multi brand TV remote control
- Bilingual basic set-up guide (English and Spanish)
- Bilinqual carton design (English and Spanish)
- 12 bit video DAC with 108MHz processing
- 192KHz/16 bit audio DAC
- DVD/DVD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD+R/DVD+R DL/-R DL playback
- CD, MP3 and JPEG playback