A new landmark in broadcasting in 8K
The world's first 8K television channel is already on air in Japan. And Sony is proud to be supporting this broadcasting landmark with the UHC-8300 system camera that enables an entire 8K Ultra HD workflow from image capture to storage, editing, display, and playout. The Sony 8K camera system consists of the combination of UHC-8300 camera head and UHCU-8300 camera control unit.
Perfection in every detail
At the heart of the UHC-8300 is the world's first 1.25-type 8K 3CMOS sensor, capturing pristine images with a resolution of 7680 x 4320 pixels and a signal to noise ratio of –62 dB (at 1080/59.94i). It realizes the 8K picture, capturing at a high speed of 120p HDR. Along with this new-generation image sensor, the newly developed F1.6 prism system is capable of supporting the BT.2020 wide color space, allowing content creators to realize 8K images with unprecedented clarity, color, and realism. The 4K signal extracted dot-by-dot from 8K captured image can be utilized for monitoring in accurate focusing camera operation without any degradation.
8K adding more value to 4K production
8K Ultra HD images captured with the UHC-8300 camera system can be downconverted to produce spectacular 4K UHD images, bursting with fine detail and color. This allows content creators to add value to every production, ensuring that premium footage captured in 8K can be enjoyed by consumers on today's 4K HDR televisions and display devices. 8K images captured with the UHC-8300 can be enjoyed with native 7680 x 4320 pixel resolution on Sony's Crystal LED large-scale display system.
IP solutions for 8K system
In addition to the NMI (Networked Media Interface Board): UKCU-IP01F, the 8K ST 2110 Interface Board: UKCU-8001 is available as an optional product which works with LSM (Sony IP Live System Manage). The networked 8K ST 2110 system can be monitored by another license key option of SNMP: UZCU-SNMP80.
- Advanced 8K interface - Weighing just 15.43 lb (approx.), the compact UHC-8300 camera head connects via an SMPTE fiber connection to the UHCU-8300 Camera Control Unit. The CCU outputs 8K 120p baseband signals over octal 12G-SDI based on SMPTE ST.2082-12.
- Made for tomorrow’s workflows - You're covered for today's production workflows as well as tomorrows. 8K Ultra HD images captured with the UHC-8300 can be stored and replayed as XAVC files using Sony's PWS-4500 live server. Also, the 8K signal can be tran
- Simultaneous 8K/4K/HD production in HDR and SDR - Teamed with the UHCU-8300 Camera Control Unit, the UHC-8300 enables HDR production workflows with a choice of S-Log3, HLG Live and HLG BT.2100.
- New 8K lens mount - A new 1.25-type lens mount system offers direct compatibility with specially developed 8K lenses from lens vendors. Current 4K lenses can also be used with a 1.25-type B4 lens mount adaptor.
- Compatibility with current live production elements - The UHC-8300 is compatible with current Sony live production system components including remote controllers, multi camera system units and viewfinders.
- Real-time 4K cutout - The extraordinary resolution of 8K UHD allows production teams to select a 4K cutout from a portion of images captured with the UHC-8300. Displayed on a 4K monitor, this allows critical inspection and confirmation of focus.
- IP solutions - The IP-based network connection makes a much more advanced, flexible total system, and it can be realized even in an 8K world. The 8K ST 2110 interface board UKCU-8001 is optionally available.