Rack-mount air conditioning unit uses efficient close-coupled cooling to prevent equipment shutdowns and malfunctions due to overheating.
An Ideal Investment for Keeping Your Rack Equipment Cool and in Reliable Working Condition
This rack-mount air conditioning unit pumps 7,000 BTU/h (2.0 kW) of close-coupled cooling into your IT equipment to prevent shutdowns, malfunctions and other failures caused by overheating and fluctuating temperatures. The SRXCOOL7KRM solves your heat-related problems without requiring the heavy costs of new construction, time-consuming maintenance or installation specialists.
Saves Valuable Floor Space in Your IT Environment
The self-contained SRXCOOL7KRM chassis mounts in 8U of space at the bottom of an EIA-standard rack enclosure to save floor space in a small-to-medium-sized data center, server room or network closet. A directional output vent aims the air upward, directly at rack equipment.
Quiet, Efficient Close-Coupled Cooling Ensures the Cool Air Goes Where Most Needed
A magnetic air dam attached to the front door of the rack enclosure makes sure your rack equipment draws cool air from the SRXCOOL7KRM, rather than drawing warm air from the room. Because it only cools the equipment inside the rack enclosure, the SRXCOOL7KRM is much more efficient than solutions that cool an entire room to achieve the same result. The SRXCOOL7KRM also filters the air, and its built-in evaporator eliminates condensation with no floor drain or water collection tank needed. The unit operates quietly—about the noise level of an average office setting.
Designed for Easy and Convenient Operation
The intuitive control panel includes a dual-digit LCD that displays the current temperature in real time. Pushbuttons and diagnostic LEDs communicate vital operating conditions at a glance. The SRXCOOL7KRM restarts automatically after power failures, and you can set the built-in timer to schedule unattended shutdowns and startups. The 1.8-meter (6-foot) 18 AWG power cord is not terminated with a plug. You are responsible for providing and installing the appropriate plug that complies with local wiring and safety regulations.
Optional Network Interface Offers 24/7 Access
The optional SRCOOLNET2LX remote management accessory (sold separately) allows you to monitor temperatures, rec
- The power cord is not terminated with a plug. You are responsible for providing and installing the appropriate plug that complies with local wiring and safety regulations.
- Ideal for enclosures with perforated doors (not for use in enclosures with solid/plexiglass/glass doors).
- Install the unit using a bottom-mounting configuration only, with the enclosure’s floor open and no tray or pan below.
- Evaporator coils can be vented through enclosure’s rear perforated doors or optional SRCOOL7KDUCT (no solid doors).
- In an open frame application, cooling air delivered to the equipment is lessened, since cold air escapes into the room. Condenser must be ducted using the SRCOOL7KDUCT.
- Package Includes:
- SRXCOOL7KRM SmartRack Rack-Mounted Server Rack Cooling Unit - 7,000 BTU, 120V
- Magnetic air dam kit
- Directional output vent
- Rack-mounting hardware
- Owner’s manual