The Aura8-IP BLADE-3 audio processor brings Vorsis ultra-high resolution audio processing and the WheatNet-IP Intelligent Network together. Merging these technologies in a single product provides a convenient and cost effective way to access audio processing wherever you need it on your WheatNet-IP network. The Aura8-IP occupies a single rack space, but packs in an impressive eight fully independent Vorsis® multi-band stereo audio processors.
Each processing chain consists of a 4-band parametric equalizer followed by a crossover and three bands of compression. The compressors each feed their own limiters, whose outputs are then fed to a broadband lookahead limiter for tight peak control. The Aura8-IP has its own local I/O, with four stereo pairs of AES digital audio and four stereo pairs of analog line level audio in and out, and can function as a standalone processing engine. Because it’s a BLADE-3, it can also instantly configure itself as part of a new or existing WheatNet-IP Intelligent Network, making its processing power available throughout that network.
And, like all BLADE-3 access units, the Aura8-IP BLADE-3 is AES67 compatible.
The Aura8-IP is configured and controlled over Ethernet using a laptop or desktop computer. Included with the unit is Wheatstone’s acclaimed “Guru” GUI software, which allows easy setup of the processing using familiar, straightforward controls. Also available is a more sophisticated control interface called “GUI Pro,” which provides access to every individual processing parameter for expert-level adjustments.
- Highest performance 24-bit A/D and D/A convertors
- AES67 compatible
- 8 complete Vorsis multiband processors, each with:
- 4-band parametric equalizer
- 3-way crossover
- 3 compressors
- 3 limiters
- Final lookahead limiter
- Two 8-channel utility mixers
- 4 AES digital inputs on RJ-45 and “D” connectors
- 4 stereo analog inputs on RJ-45 and "D" connectors
- 4 AES digital outputs on RJ-45 and “D” connectors
- 4 stereo analog outputs on RJ-45 and "D" connectors
- Can be used standalone or as part of a WheatNet-IP Intelligent Network
- Built-in router control
- Front panel headphone jack
- Socketed output chips
- Front panel metering
- Rugged power supply
- Colorful OLED display
- Silence sensing can be applied to any output
- One Gigabit Ethernet port