The CT8SHO amplifier switcher gives end users of public address systems confidence that their system is operational and healthy. For the first time, the public address system industry has an alternative to proprietary amplifier switching technology at an affordable price.
The CT8SHO has 8 primary amplifier inputs (which connect to the amplifier outputs), 8 backup amplifier inputs (which connect to the amplifier outputs), and 8 speaker outputs. The CT8SHO can be connected to the Hi-Z ouput (70V/100V) of amplifier and capable of handling up to 160VRMS , 20A continuous for each channel.
In the event that a failed channel is detected, the unit can switch the failed channel to an idle backup channel. Once the primary amplifier channel is back online, the unit will switch the backup channel back to the primary channel. All errors and switch operations will be reported to the management software. The backup ratio of the CT8SHO can range from 8:1 to 1:1.
A series of programmable GPIO’s can be used to connect the CT8SHO to external control devices. A total of 16 control inputs and 5 control outputs are built into the CT8SHO to provide enough control inputs for emergency use. In addition to the GPIO, an Ethernet connector is provided for additional.
- Monitoring up to 8 amplifier channels in real time for speaker outages and channel/ amplifier failures
- 8 primary amplifier inputs, 8 backup ampli¬fier inputs and 8 outputs
- Utilizing any primary to backup amplifier ratio from 8:1 to 1:1
- 16 control inputs and 5 control outputs
- Switching a failed primary channel to idle backup channel and switching back to re¬sumed primary channel through the central management system interface
- Two status indicators for each channel: Pri¬mary amplifier status indicator and backup amplifier status indicator
- Error and switch operation reported to management software
- Universal power supply