A professional, high-output sound reinforcement loudspeaker designed to deliver accurate, highly-intelligible audio for moderate to large sized indoor spaces. Works integrally with Crestron Avia™ Digital Signal Processing to produce exceptional results quickly. Advanced integrated coaxial transducer technology affords very high performance in less space.
The Vector CD896 offers a very compact solution ideal for front fill, delay fill, under-balcony, small front of house, and foreground music applications. Available with optional rotated horn for horizontal orientation.
Crestron® Vector™ Performance Loudspeakers provide a professional sound reinforcement speaker solution for large indoor spaces and venues. Featuring a revolutionary coaxial transducer design complemented by advanced Crestron Avia™ digital signal processing, Vector loudspeakers deliver exceptional intelligibility and natural sound quality for speech reinforcement, foreground music, and multimedia presentation applications. Compact, aesthetically-pleasing enclosures afford remarkable performance in less space. A choice of sizes and coverage patterns is offered to address the varying applications and room geometries found in auditoriums, theaters, lecture halls, houses of worship, convention centers, hotel ballrooms, sports facilities, night clubs, and public spaces.
The Vector CD896 is a very compact speaker enclosure loaded with one 2-way coaxial transducer plus a second dedicated low-frequency transducer. The coaxial transducer is composed of an 8" (203mm) LF driver and a 90° x 60° HF horn with 1.7" (43mm) diaphragm compression driver. The second LF transducer is another 8” driver. Advanced engineering and construction of the complete speaker achieves a space-efficient design with high output capability and consistent pattern control.
Its integrated coaxial transducer aligns the low-frequency and high-frequency elements to produce precise transient response and uniform directionality across the entire frequency range. The two 8" LF drivers work together to achieve an increase in overall output and improved mid-bass impact.
Advanced Coaxial Transducer
The LF/HF transducer in the Vector CD896 represents a revolutionary advancement in coaxial speaker design. Its high-frequency horn features a large 1.7" (43mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver.
- A compact, professional performance loudspeaker for smaller sound-reinforcement and fill applications
- Dual 8" (203mm) LF transducers for increased efficiency and output
- Advanced coaxial transducer with 90° x 60° HF horn
- Available with HF horn rotated 90° for horizontal orientation (model VECTOR CD896-RH)
- Integrated HF compression driver with 1.7" (43mm) titanium diaphragm
- Delivers superior performance in combination with a Crestron Avia™ DSP
- Precisely tuned for accurate, uncolored sound reproduction
- Produces high intelligibility and natural sound quality for speech and program material
- Achieves smooth bandwidth performance both within and beyond the specified coverage pattern
- Uniform directionality affords consistent, targeted pattern control
- Capable of high SPLs without coloration or distortion
- Provides excellent cost-benefit compared to more conventional designs
- 25° rear-beveled enclosure affords a clean, unimposing appearance in tight spaces
- Rugged yet light construction for easy, reliable installation
- Concealed M6 mounting points
- Yoke bracket or forged shoulder eyebolts
- Neutrik® speakON® input and pass-through connections