The Design Canvas of Choice.
WireCAD is a system design and documentation software that helps engineers and designers create CAD (dwg, dxf) documentation, draw and manage cable and connection information, automatically create functional block diagrams (user can create their own equipment definitions or choose to download from over 100,000 equipment definitions in the WireCAD community database), automatically assign cable numbers, auto-populate rack layouts, print cable labels, bills of materials, and other reports.
WireCAD PRO is our most widely used product level. With multi-user capabilities, it is great for a team of designers. PRO includes additional tools that help you create your drawings and manage your facility with lots of detail! WireCAD PRO is also compatible with SQL Server!
- WireCAD is a stand-alone software, not a plugin, so no need to buy and maintain other expensive software.
- WireCAD helps organize your projects and keeps track of all of your drawings, equipment, cables, and connectors.
- Knowledge of CAD is not necessary. Simply describe your equipment using the Equipment Library and WireCAD will generate the functional block.
- WireCAD also hosts a growing community library* of over 80,000 equipment definitions; make use of equipment definitions contributed by other WireCAD users to customize your own WireCAD library.
- Drawing cables is easy with WireCAD's one-to-one (one output feeds one input), one-to-many, many-to-one or many-to-many cable options.
- All you have to do is select the type of cable you want to draw then click on your source followed by the destination and WireCAD will generate that cable in your drawing.
- Cable numbering is a snap. Simply double click the cable in the drawing. WireCAD error-checks the project database and gives you the next number in the sequence.
- Location changes are made easy by using our location-aware rack layouts. Simply move a piece of equipment and the change is rippled across the entire project.
- Once detailed drawings are created, WireCAD has several tools to create overview drawings or Visualizations at the click of a button.
- WireCAD also comes with a built in developers SDK and scripting engine so that you can create specific plug-ins to meet your needs.
- *Not all functions are available in all product levels.