Centralized background music system offers an efficient and economical method of providing user-friendly control of stereo audio source distribution and paging. Now up to 12 audio sources can be selected from elegant touch wall plates in up to 32 output zones. The user can define or change custom source input names with simple wall plate programming. This robust system is scalable and only the required number of wallplates need be ordered. Audio sources and amplifiers can be placed and terminated in the same location as the BMS-2 centralized base unit. Only power and control signals are present on the wall plate cabling. Touch wall plate is the setup and operating interface for both the installer and user. Both zone and system level setup menus are conveniently accessed from any wall plate in the system. During normal operation the user can control audio source selection and volume for that location. There are also 4 user configurable preset buttons per zone for fast selection of favorite program channels. Touch wall plates can be wired in a daisy chain or home run fashion. Up to 10 wall plates can be daisy chained in any single cable run of 750 feet or less. A very flexible paging structure allows for independent page options within the BMS-2 system environment. A priority page input overrides normal program audio and can be used for important announcements or scheduled prerecorded messages.
- Two pair standard control cable connects system to each room
- The paging system will function even if no audio source is selected or wall plate is off
- Upscale touch screen panel in each zone controls volume, channel selection, all system and zone set ups, and page programming
- User can program and select 4 music/volume input presets
- Base unit outputs stereo or mono (user selectable per zone) line level audio to the local amp and speaker system for each room
- Each touch wall plate may be daisy chained or home run
- Remote control via RS-232 or optional Ethernet/imbedded web server control options