The ICE-HE-DXL Display Control Center is an intelligent solution for through-the-coax RF display control, able to insert an RF command channel, sending data from Display Express software and custom control system, as well hosting embedded Display Express Lite Web control pages. Control commands are sent over RF as a micro data channel in a gap between channels 4 and 5. An RF input is available for two-way operation in legacy systems. Front-panel menus and USB port simplify setup, and firmware updates. Display Express PCs and control systems can connect via Ethernet, RS-232 or USB. DX Lite control commands operate independently from the external control ports. The half-rack enclosure can be mounted by itself or next to Contemporary Research RF amplifiers and combiners. Display Express Lite is an embedded Web app that can control up to 128 TVs, 16 channels and any number of groups. It's simple to set up and use via a smartphone or tablet - just touch a group or individual TVs, then touch a channel. Done - it's that easy. Optional Display Express software operates a service on Windows-driven PCs, serving Web pages for system setup, scheduling and control. Any number of customized control panels can be created and assigned to users. The software is fully scalable, able to network over 4,000 TVs facility-wide. All features are created by onboard Web pages; not custom programming is required.
Custom control systems can connect to the Display Control Center via RS-232 or Ethernet, sending commands via the published Contemporary Research IC-Net protocol, controlling all TVs through a single control port.
Applications include sports and entertainment venues, commercial and civic facilities, airports, factories, schools, and houses of worship.
- Receives commands via RS-232, USB, or Ethernet
- Networks up to 4,000 TVs through an in-house RF coax system
- Sends commands though RF coax to individual devices, zones, or all units
- Interacts with CR Display Express software and custom control systems
- Includes Display Express Lite embedded app for basic TV and channel control
- Employs a front-panel LCD display for setup and status information
- Half-rack 1RU enclosure, mounts next to CR encoders, RF components, and tuners.