The Earthworks DK7 Drum Kit System is 7 microphone kit comprised of 4 DM20 precision engineered cardioid condenser microphones designed for close miking toms and snare, plus 2 SR25 cardioids for miking overheads, and 1 specially engineered SR20LS (low sensitivity) for kick drum that can be deployed in both live performance and studio recording environments.
Whether onstage or in the studio, the DK7 captures a drum sound that is larger than life. Onstage the DK7 delivers sound so detailed and natural that the sound coming out of the PA sounds like the drummer is right in front of you. For recording, it will reproduce your drum kit with incredible detail and pristine sound, faithfully reproducing its true character.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The DK7 transient response is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. Even the loudest drummer cannot overload the DK7 DrumMic™, which can handle high sound pressure levels.
Designed to withstand the rigors of the road while still delivering the sound quality Earthworks is known for, the DK7 Drum FullKit™ provides the best of both worlds. Capable of withstanding a stray stick hit, the DM20 DrumMic™ removes the worry of close miking toms and snare. Its right angle microphone head lets you easily and precisely position the microphone to get the best drum sound. Featuring a stiff yet flexible gooseneck, the microphone will stay put once you have found its sweet spot. Machined
Included with the DK7 is an RM1 RimMount™ for mounting the DM20 tom and snare microphones directly on the rim of a snare or toms, reducing the number of mic stands required. Plus, save time on setup and teardown by storing the DK7 with the mic clips still attached in its carrying case.
- Improved impulse response for faster and more accurate transients
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
- Extended frequency response to 25 kHz to capture a crisper and more realistic image
- Near perfect polar patterns that remain even across all frequencies and at any position within the pattern
- More cohesive and unified drum sound
- Includes 4 DM20 DrumMics, 4 RM1 RimMounts, 2 SR25 microphones, 1 SR20LS microphone, 3 microphone clips and rugged carrying case