SAM’s IP Routing System:
The SAM IP Routing System offers the most complete, flexible and cost effective IP routing solution on the market today. SAM’s pragmatic approach has resulted in a topology equally suited to pure IP or hybrid IP/SDI systems.
IP Routing System Controller:
The hub of SAMs IP System is the IPEDGE-SRV (Server-based Controller) of which there are two variants. These are the IPEDGE-SRV-D & IPEDGE-SRV-S for dual redundant or single controller systems respectively. The IPEDGE-SRV is supplied with all system software pre-installed.
The system software consists of two main elements:
SAM’s Standard Router Controller allowing control using existing PC client software and/or the Luna range of hardware control panels and an IP Router Adapter package for linking all the IP Edge Devices to the Standard Router Controller. A third software package, the IP Network Monitor, is for installation on a PC/Terminal for system configuration.
SAMs IP router system is also fully compatible with our overall equipment control and monitoring system using Rollcall protocols. This includes logic and decision engines and facility and equipment mapping capabilities.
Third Party Control - The IPEDGE-SRV also exposes SW-P-02 & SW-P-08 router control protocols over Ethernet for control by third party clients.
- SAM's fully integrated IP Routing Controller has been designed for use with standard COTS IP Routers and is fully scalable for both IP and SDI/IP hybrid solutions.
- Once configured, operation and client control is indistinguishable from traditional SDI systems.
- Fully Integrated IP Routing Control in a 1U Rack Server
- SMPTE 2022-6, AES67, VSF TR-03 & TR-04 stream compliant (Any mix of stream formats can operate on the same system)
- Scalable to 16K equivalent video signal ports
- Uses IGMPv3 protocol (SDN control not required)
- 'Self Discovery' of Edge Devices
- Destination Switching - 'Make-before-Break' or 'Break-before-Make'
- Agnostic with respect to COTS IP Switches and Vendors
- Full controller, IP Switch & Network Redundancy
- ST2022-7 'Hitless' Redundancy Switching