The BRC-X1000 is the first Sony 4K remote camera, combining uncompromising broadcast picture quality and smooth, silent PTZ operation with the flexibility of 3G-SDI and HDMI connections.
Designed for remote operation, this compact but powerful robotic camera is an ideal complement to other broadcast cameras for capturing images in hard-to-reach or unobtrusive positions. It's equally at home in TV newsrooms, remote studios, and on-air suites, auditoriums, houses of worship, courtrooms, or sports stadiums. It's also particularly suited to efficient multi-camera set-ups, under the control of a single operator.
The 1-inch type Exmor® R CMOS image sensor captures detail-packed 4K footage at 30p with four times the pixel count of Full HD, and excellent low-light sensitivity. The large image sensor also allows the creation of beautiful 'bokeh' effects with a shallow depth of field to suit any artistic intention.
Speedy, near-silent PTZ operation with 12x optical zoom accommodates wide-angle scenes and tightly framed close-ups, with Clear Image Zoom 18x (4K), 24x (HD) extending this range even further without visible loss of resolution. Broadcast-friendly features include dual tally lamps for on-air operation, while operational flexibility is enhanced with options for ceiling, table-top, or tripod mounting.
There's also a broad range of video interfacing and remote control possibilities—plus support for PoE+ and genlock—for smooth integration into any broadcast, professional, or corporate AV environment.
- PoE+ for flexible powering options:
- For installation simplicity and flexibility, the BRC-X1000 supports a PoE+ (Power-over-Ethernet) capability that carries IP control and power over a single connection cable.
- Broadcast-Friendly Features:
- With Pan, Tilt, and Zoom control, the BRC range puts remote-recording technology at your fingertips. PTZ Trace Memory allows a sequence of camera movements to be memorized and recalled when required, removing the need for a cameraman and reducing costs.
- This new feature smoothly blends separate pan, tilt and zoom movements for seamless, professional-looking transitions.
- Clear Image Zoom Technology:
- This super resolution technology doubles the optical zoom while still delivering exceptional image quality.
- The optical excellence of a genuine 12x optical zoom Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with Clear Image Zoom capabilities to 18x in 4k/24x in HD allows you to enlarge the image while maintaining its original image quality.
- The end result is an artistic triumph when shooting in 4K 24p with a beautiful bokeh for dramatic depth-of-field effects and its flexibility enables the cameras to be utilized as a creative tool.
- With its high speed 60p HD mode, this camera clearly capture fast-paced footage when shooting live sports.
- High Quality & High Sensitivity Image Sensor:
- The heart of this camera is Sony's 1.0 type back illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor and image processing engine featuring a high sensitivity of 1.7 lx minimum illumination.
- Boost Efficiency with Cost Savings & Ease of Operation:
- This easy to use model enables a single camera operator to manage a multi-camera production.
- The BRC-X1000 presently support up to 16 position presets making it easy for the operator to transition smoothly and seamlessly from speaker-to-speaker presenting on a dais or a presenter walking mark-to-mark.
- When more professional camera movements are needed, complicated camerawork can be pre-programmed with new control features such as Trace Memory and PTZ Motion Sync for added flexibility.
- FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Enhanced Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) operation:
- Accurately re-frame shots or track moving subjects with smooth, speedy, near-silent remote control of pan, tilt, and zoom functions.
- There's also low-speed zoom and a slow pan/tilt mode for precise, judder-free camera movements. PTZ Trace Memory allows a sequence of camera movements to be memorized and followed whenever required.
- PTZ Motion Sync* smoothly blends separate pan, tilt, and zoom movements for seamless, professional-looking transitions.
- Uncompromising 4K images:
- The camera's large, back-illuminated 1-inch type Exmor® R CMOS sensor delivers uncompromised broadcast-quality color pictures in detail-packed 4K 30p, with four times the resolution of Full HD.
- Footage can also be captured in Full HD 60p—ideal for fast-moving sports action.
- Cinematic 24p pictures:
- The camera can also operate in 24p mode, for video footage with a rich, filmic look.
- High-quality 12x optical zoom and 18x (4K) or 24x (HD) with Clear Image Zoom:
- The high-quality Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 12x optical zoom range covers wide-angle shots as well as tight close-ups. Clear Image Zoom expands this range to 18x (4K) or 24x (HD) without sacrificing detail.
- Excellent low-light sensitivity:
- The BRC-X1000 can capture crisp, low-noise color video images in light levels as low as 1.7 lx, making it an ideal choice for dimly lit live hall and theatre.
- Flexible installation:
- Pan/tilt/zoom and other camera settings can be controlled using the supplied IR remote commander, or with the optional RM-IP10 Remote Control Unit that can control multiple cameras.
- Genlock simplifies integration with other systems in multi-camera broadcast environments.
- Versatile video outputs:
- Enjoy greater installation flexibility in professional broadcast and AV environments with dual-link 3G-SDI (x4) and HDMI video outputs.
- Front and rear tally lamps:
- Ideal for on-air broadcast use, the BRC-X1000 features dual tally lamps on the front and rear of the camera body. Brightness of the front tally lamp can be adjusted in two steps
- Always up to date:
- New camera functionality and performance improvements can be added via firmware updates over IP.