AVPro Edge continues to bolster its portfolio of world-first 8K products with the addition of the new AC-EXO-KIT, an HDMI 2.1 extender utilizing multi-mode fiber to transport 8K signals as far away from the transmitter as 300 meters over OM4, all at the speed of light.
NextGen 8K signals heavily tax traditional HDMI copper-based cables in a direct-connection environment, limiting lengths to approximately 4 meters and ruling out category wire completely for any possibility in developing an HDMI TX / RX extension kit in traditional configurations we know them as.
AVPro Edge engineers pursued the only path capable of delivering the results required: Multi-mode fiber optic cabling. OM2, OM3, and OM4 multi-mode versions may all be used however, distance capabilities will vary significantly. OM2 enables a 40Gbps, 8K/60Hz 4:2:0 signal a transfer distance of up to 40 meters. OM3 grants this same signal a transfer distance of up to 200 meters. Distance champion for this signal is OM4 at a remarkable 300 meters. Keep in mind – this is 8K!
Correct cables into the transmitter and out of the receiver are essential to trouble-free extension of 8K signals. Please note the following:
For HDMI copper-based cabling, please limit source/switcher output to transmitter and receiver to display cabling to 4 meters or less (testing confirmed by AVPro Edge using Bullet Train © Ultra High Speed HDMI cables).
When using Active Optical Cables, source/switcher output to transmitter and receiver to display up cabling may be up to 100 meters (testing confirmed by AVPro Edge using Bullet Train © Ultra High Speed AOC HDMI cables).
Designed around an AVPro Edge perfectionist-engineered HDMI 2.1 fiber interface module, the AC-EXO-KIT features a hyper-precise, beam-focusing lens assembly which assists in preventing refraction and downline light scatter. A custom-crafted AVPro Edge Link Training algorithm, incorporating forward error correction analysis, monitors Fixed Rate Link status to maintain original signal bandwidth and serves to restrain Link Training forced bandwidth reductions. Every aspect of image fidelity, completely faithful to the original source material, is retained unaltered.
Traditional AVPro Edge extender features such as comprehensive EDID management, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+ and HLG support plus RS-232 / IR bi-directional pass-through are included. The AC-EXO-Kit includes dual-HDMI outputs, with HDMI Output 2 performing downscaling including auto-sensing.
- Noise-immune, long distance transmission over multi-mode fiber
- Proprietary hyper-precise, beam-focusing lens assembly limits transmission refraction and downline light scatter with minimal attenuation
- An AVPro Edge custom algorithm monitors Fixed Rate Link status and restrains Link Training bandwidth reductions
- Fiber delivers a pristine image down to the last molecule of detail, an essential requirement for transporting content to 8K displays
- High Frame Rate 4K/120fps capable with 8K up to 40 Gbps bandwidth (8K/60, 4:2:0)
- Receiver features dual-HDMI outputs with an always-scaled, secondary output (selectable as 8K to 4K, 8K to 1080p, or 4K to 1080p)
- HDMI 2.1a feature-rich, including Auto Low Latency, Variable Refresh Rate, Quick Frame Transport, and Source Based Tone Mapping
- Comprehensive EDID management for mixed-resolution NextGen systems
- Configurable, bidirectional IR & RS-232 control signal management consolidates wiring to a solo pull, eliminating supplemental devices
- Supports HDR10, plus Dynamic HDR formats including Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HLG with imperceptible, near-zero latency
- HDCP 2.3 (and all earlier versions supported)