The AC-MXNET-1G-DV2 represents the next step in the evolution of the MXNet AV over IP video distribution ecosystem from AVPro Edge. AC-MXNET-1G-DV2, an Evolution II Decoding / Receiving device, incorporates a newly designed AVPro Edge application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) that introduces an improved software-based video encoding / decoding engine into the IC for enhanced video processing. Refinements to the IC include native support for 4K/60fps 4:4:4 signals (RGB and YCbCr @10- and 12-bit), plus extended audio capabilities to support high bitrate multi-channel formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for IMAX Enhanced soundtracks. All MXNet first-generation decoder features are retained for use with the AC-MXNET-1G-DV2.
As a member of the AVPro Edge family of AV over IP products, an AC-MXNET-1G-DV2 is the destination endpoint within the MXNet Ecosystem where the signal arrives. At the input side, connected by either category wiring (Cat 6a is recommended) or fiber optic cabling to an MXNet switch or any compatible multicast-capable managed L3 network switch, an AC-MXNET-1G-DV2 receives multicast packeted data from an AC-MXNET-1G-EV2 encoder.
This data, encoded using an optimized JPEG 2000 codec, is precisely decoded per its encode rate (200Mbps for 1080p content, 300Mbps for 4K/30fps content, peaking at 850Mbps for 4K/60fps content). Control signals are unpacked and routed, per their intended application.
The new IC developed for Evolution II devices enables the AC-MXNET-1G-DV2 to excel at smoothly decoding 4K/60fps 4:4:4 signals, RGB or YCBCR 10- or 12-bit, with crisp, artifact-free detail and the added punch of dynamic metadata. Decoded audio/video information available at the HDMI output is passed through to a local device, likely an HDMI display though an AVR is also a possibility.
An unlimited number of video walls may be supported by AC-MXNET-1G-DV2 decoders, each capable of up to sixty-four panels, in standard layouts plus artistic, mosaic-styled arrays. Frame-syncing Genlock is supported, with latency near-zero and visually imperceptible.
The AC-MXNET-1G-DV2 runs quietly and remains cool during operation, utilizing a fan-less design featuring chip-top heatsinking to efficiently disperse heat while limiting power consumption at typically 7 watts or less for stability and device longevity.
- Evolution II ASIC with improved decoding engine
- With “lossy” signals, JPEG 2000 optimizes compression efficiency
- Proprietary MXNet Mentor interface for bandwidth management, real-time status
- feedback, live diagnostics, EDID configuration and source image thumbnails
- Decodes native 4K/60fps 4:4:4 RGB or YCbCr with dynamic metadata support
- High Bitrate multi-channel support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Genlock frame-syncing ensures video walls are free from image-tearing
- Near-zero latency, visually imperceptible
- Receives RS-232, IR or USB control signals routed via MXNet Mentor from an
- MXNET-1G-EV2 transmitter
- USB/KVM support
- Built-in OLED data window provides localized device information at a glance
- Backed by AVPro Edge’s 10-year, no-hassle warranty
- AC-MXNET-1G-DV2 (Decoder/Receiving Device)
- 1 x IR Emitter
- 1 x IR Receiver
- 2 x Mounting Brackets
- 4 x Screws for Mounting Brackets
- 2 x 3-Pin Terminal Blocks