The Sub 12D features both XLR Analog inputs and AES/ EBU Digital inputs. The Sub 12D will automatically switch to Digital if both Analog and Digital inputs are connected. In addition, Digital pass thru and Digital Stereo L/R selector switches are provided. The DSP crossover filters are derived using Blue Sky proprietary BOO optimization software.
The Digital circuitry features FR4 6 layer circuit boards, Burr Brown 192 kHz/24 Bit A/D & 192 kHz/24 D/A, and Cirrus Logic Digital receiver and sample rate converter. In addition, the Sub 12D has a “Pure Digital” mode for 48 kHz and 96 kHz operation, where the native input from the AES/EBU receiver is sent straight to the DAC. The Sub 12 D includes Digital 2.1 Bass Management. In addition, variable crossover frequency adjustments, and high pass and low pass filters.
- Digital Bass Management (2.1)
- Analog input (balanced XLR) -10 dBu / +4 dBu switchable
- Digital input (XLR - AES 110 Ohm)
- Cirrus Logic sample rate convertor (32 kHz, 44.1kHz, 88.2kHz, 192 kHz)
- National Semiconductor LME op amps
- Analog / Digital Auto switching
- Digital pass thru
- DSP / Digital crossovers and BOO optimized crossover filters
- Adjustable gain control and time delay
- Pink Noise Generator
- Direct “Pure Digital” mode for 48 kHz & 96 KHz inputs
- Variable crossover frequency, high pass and low pass
- Digital graphic equalizer / selectable parametric equalizers
- USB data port for speaker settings, updates, and room correction input