More than a chair, Ethos doubles as an active learning platform for twenty-first century pedagogy. An agile storage base plus classic seat shell, Ethos blends flexibility (like 360-degree swiveling capability and an ambidextrous work surface) with mobility and personal storage. The Ethos seating design anticipates the needs of today’s vibrant classroom, a classroom that transitions seamlessly from lectures to group work and discussion groups.
- Storage Base: The Storage base offers generous access and fully utilizes the space under the seat. The space easily accommodates large backpacks and other personal belongings and is comfortable as a footrest.
- Work Surface: Work surface is non handed and can swivel completely right and left to accommodate both right and left handed users. It is 12.5"D x 23.25"W to allow for space for both books and technology.
- 360° Swivel: 360° fixed height swivel mechanism on quad base models allows students to adjust their orientation to focus on the instructor, presentation materials, and other students as needed.
- Pneumatic Five-Star Base: Seat height adjusts pneumatically. To lower, pull lever up while seated. To raise, pull lever up and keep your weight off the chair.
- Cup Holder: Cup holder is available as an option on Ethos chairs with tablet work surfaces.
- Caster Options: Hard Wheel Casters (intended for carpeted surfaces), Soft Wheel Casters (intended for hard surfaces) or Leveling Glides.
- Shipping and Assembly: The Ethos Series, including the quad, metal and five- star bases, with or without work surface, ships standard unassembled with the seat shell separated from the base. No tools required for assembly.
- Testing: Ethos meets or exceeds ANSI/BIFMA testing standards.