The DVI Detective N reads and stores a DVI display's video information (EDID) in order to guarantee uninterrupted operation when repeatedly switching computer video sources. Computers can lose the EDID -- basically the electronic identification of a display which lists its possible resolutions and frequencies. When displays are disconnected and then reconnected to a computer DVI source, the EDID can be lost and the computer DVI source can lose the ability to display the image. The DVI Detective N solves this problem by memorizing the EDID information. It does this by being programmed in a simple process. Once the DVI Detective has the display's EDID memorized, it can be placed over the video output port of the computer, fooling the computer into thinking that a display is present, even when the display is switched away to another computer.
- Quick and easy way to store EDID information from any DVI display
- Provides a virtual EDID to maintain active monitor status when switching away from a source
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- EDID write protection switch
- No power is required after initial programming