DTS Neural Surround™ MultiMerge is a unique process that always provides a 5.1 mix no matter what audio signal is provided at the input. The output provides seamless transitions among mono, stereo (LR), stereo matrix (LtRt), watermarked (LwRw) and true 5.1 mixes ahead of a Dolby® Digital (AC-3) encoder.
DTS Neural Surround™ MultiMerge enables DTV broadcasters to smooth the transition from stereo to 5.1 surround sound by providing viewers with a 24/7 surround broadcast. With MultiMerge inline, original 5.1 content is passed unaffected within the broadcast plant, while original stereo content is rendered to a 5.1 surround sound image, providing the viewer with a consistent surround experience. DTS Neural Surround™, with its patented approach to stereo rendering, avoids taking artistic license with content by placing audio exactly where it would be heard in a professional LEDE (live end dead end) listening environment.
- Mono or pan-pot stereo will image in front of the listener, whereas stereo containing depth information will surround the listener
- DTS Neural Surround™ MultiMerge provides a DownMix to surround-enable stereo-only facilities
- Eliminating the need for costly infrastructure upgrades and for applications where loudness control with 2.0 to 5.1 upmix and 5.1 passthrough with simultaneous 5.1 and 2.0 outputs are required
- Selenio 6800+™ platform includes the all-in-one APM6803+ and DAPM6802+ Advanced Audio Processing modules
- There is a plug-in option available for adding the MultiMerge to the Selenio X50™ and Selenio X100™ video and audio processors
- Selenio™ Media Convergence Platform supports DTS Neural Surround™ MultiMerge as well
- Commonly used in front of: STL paths, Dolby® E or AC-3 encoders
- Commonly used in: production studios, audio monitoring, DTV facilities