Selenio™ Network Processor (SNP) is the industry’s first pure-IP processor. With its introduction, Imagine Communications continues to forge ahead with the delivery of innovative solutions for the new broadcast reality of IT-based infrastructures. The high-density SNP platform offers IP-to-IP processing capabilities, handling uncompressed UHD signals based on the SMPTE 2110 specification for transporting media over IP networks.
Along with powerful IP-enabled video processing, the SNP offers advanced audio processing, as well as timing, synchronization, and conversion capabilities, including HD-UHD upconversion, UHD-HD downconversion, HD-3G upconversion and 3G-HD downconversion. It also manages the High Dynamic Range (HDR) adaptations and conversions required for integrating UHD and HD signals. Building on the award-winning legacy of Imagine’s globally deployed 1RU processors, the SNP also features an edge synchronizer for processing streams before they enter the core router, reducing complexity in signal routing.
As a next-gen, FPGA-based processor, the SNP seamlessly bridges SDI and IP networks, while easily meeting UHD requirements in live production. It interoperates with Imagine’s other UHD- and IP-ready solutions, including the EPIC™ MV monitoring and control system, and Versio™ cloud-native integrated playout platform, for a seamless end-to-end production workflow.
- Video over IP compliant to ST 2110 & ST 2022-6
- Dual QSFP28 flexible Ethernet up to 100GbE at ST 2022-7
- 4 independent processing blocks for various operations (synchronization, conversion, processing)
- Redundant power supplies and control interfaces
- Front-serviceable main module and power supply assembly
- 32 HD-BNC connectors for SDI I/O (8 are 12G-capable)
- SFP+ sockets for flexible signal I/O interfaces