Backbox with extended grille mounting flange for recessed installation of distributed 8" speaker systems is ideal for use in new construction where the flange can protect the opening from plaster, poured concrete or sheetrock. It can also be used in new or existing construction when installed in suspended tile ceilings.
- Welded unitized heavy gauge steel with black powder epoxy finish
- Undercoated to eliminate acoustic/metallic resonance
- 1.5" thick premium acoustic lining (1.5 lbs. density rating) to absorb undesirable resonance in high frequency range. The 0.659 cu.ft. volume allows an 8" speaker to operate at a loading level that provides the system with improved low frequency response.
- Four combination 0.5"–0.75" conduit knockouts
- Four 0.5" wire knockouts
- Grille mounting flange projects 0.437"
- 8-32 screw retaining U-clips accept a wide variety of grilles
- Made in the U.S.A. with certified U.S. steel