The CDD8-WR is a weatherised ultra-compact two-way passive loudspeaker system suitable for outdoor applications where it will be subject to changing environmental conditions, but sheltered from direct exposure to the elements. It features an integrated 8” (200mm) LF/1” (25mm) exit HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver which can be easily rotated for horizontal or vertical orientation depending on venue design requirements. Its small size gives no indication of its high output capability. As a stand-alone loudspeaker, it has a multitude of applications and can also be incorporated as an infill loudspeaker in distributed systems using larger CDD models, such as the CDD12-WR and CDD15-WR.
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD8-WR delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns - projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections - eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape - maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
- Ultra-compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- Outdoor operation when sheltered from direct exposure to elements
- Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C
- Environmentally tested to meet IP54
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free water and particle resistant grille
- 8 ohms nominal impedance
- Discreet weatherised mounting accessories
- Black or white standard colour options