The two-channel MPS-482HP power supply with audio and 48V DC greatly expands the flexibility and cost-effectiveness of Meyer Sound’s exclusive IntelligentDC™ remotely self-powered systems. Housed in a rugged, compact half-rack enclosure, the MPS-482HP is ideal for applications requiring a small channel count or the capability for mounting remotely on a wall or ceiling (using the MUB-MPS482 U-bracket). Rack mounting one or two MPS-482HPs in one standard 19 in, 2RU rack space is also possible with the optional RMT-MPS482 Rack Tray.
Designed to power Meyer Sound loudspeakers that feature IntelligentDC technology, the MPS-482HP is particularly advantageous when creating 2-channel systems with compact loudspeakers, such as the MM-4XP, UP-4XP, and UP-4slim. Additionally, it can power up to 6 Ashby-5C or 4 Ashby-8C ceiling loudspeakers and is also ideal for powering surrounds in immersive configurations.
Meyer Sound’s externally powered loudspeakers include on-board amplification and signal-processing circuits that store DC power and tolerate voltage drops to accommodate light-gauge cables and lengthy cable runs. Powering loudspeakers from an external source eliminates the need for wiring conduits while still preserving the advantages of self-powered systems.
- Two channels to power Meyer Sound loudspeakers that require an external IntelligentDC power supply
- Efficiently delivers power to installations requiring smaller channel counts
- Works as a supplemental power supply to the MPS-488HP power supply for applications requiring more than eight and less than sixteen channels
- Enables remote mounting of power supply and routing of DC power and balanced audio to loudspeakers with composite cables
- Fanless operation allows for quiet operation in acoustically sensitive environments
- Enclosure design includes threads to mount power supply in accessories as well as cable routing strain relief tabs
- Front panel LEDs provide system feedback on voltage status, load current levels, and fuse status
- Conference rooms
- Constellation systems
- Cinema and television post-production facilities
- High-end home theater
- Supplemental power supply for any IntelligentDC loudspeaker system