Meyer Sound’s UPQ-D3 wide coverage loudspeaker evolves from the UPQ-1P and UPQ-2P product line, now optimized using the advanced technology that made the LEO® family an award-wining product line.
UPQ-D3 continues to offer an extremely consistent polar response and a gentle coverage rolloff that extends uniformly out to its -10 dB points of 100° by 100°. The horn’s smooth and consistent performance is the result of meticulous research in Meyer Sound’s anechoic chamber, and it exhibits a remarkably consistent beamwidth in both the horizontal and vertical planes. In addition, the UPQ-D3 horn delivers uniform attenuation for all frequencies outside the specified beamwidth.
In addition to the Constant-Q horn, the loudspeaker features a low frequency 15 in neodymium magnet cone driver and 4 in diaphragm compression driver, both designed and manufactured at Meyer Sound’s Berkeley, California headquarters. Suitable for use in a range of sound reinforcement applications, the UPQ-D3 works well as a front-of-house main loudspeaker in small to mid-sized venues, or as a fill loudspeaker in larger systems.
- Wider vertical coverage, constant-Q horn with -6dB points at 80° x 80° (-10 dB points at 100° x 100°)
- An innovative, newly designed, highly efficient Class D amplifier with reduced current draw that reproduces any sound with linearity over a wide dynamic range
- Optimized frequency and phase response characteristics
- Lightened cabinet weight of 95lbs (43kgs)
- Redesigned cabinet that retains the original size, grille frame and rigging options of previous UPQ products
- Theatrical sound reinforcement
- Houses of worship
- Portable and installed audio-visual systems