The HKCU-REC50 adds an internal recording function to the HDCU-5000 camera control unit (CCU), increasing the complete camera system's versatility and efficiency in live production applications.
Adding the HKCU-REC50 allows the CCU to record a live camera feed directly. With no need for an additional recorder and cabling, production is simplified with improved space utilization inside an OB vehicle. During recording, files can be transferred in real time from the CCU to a portable SSD or networked storage. Recorded files are accessible immediately after shooting, saving time with no need to wait for file transfers.
The CCU with HKCU-REC50 can record 4K and HD signals simultaneously, making the system ideal for simultaneous 4K HDR and HD SDR live production (SR Live) with the HDC-5500/3500/3100 HDR-capable cameras.
Record start/stop and networked file transfers can be controlled using PWA-RCT1 integrated network control software for the HKCU-REC50 and PWS-4500 live production server.
- Direct file transfer to SSD or NAS - The HKCU-REC50 adds USB 3.0 and 10 Gb fiber interfaces to the CCU, allowing direct transfer of files to a portable SSD (solid state drive) or NAS (Network Attached Storage) device.
- Playback during recording - The HDCU-5000 can play files back during recording for instant visual confirmation of recorded content.
- Mirror transfer function - The HDCU-5000 CCU features two USB connectors for simultaneous real-time file transfers to two portable SSDs. This allows content to be secured on two portable drives and recorded internally to the CCU
- Space-saving record capability inside a full-rack-sized CCU - The HKCU-REC50 optional recording board is housed inside the CCU.
- Multi-format codec support - The HKCU-REC50 supports multiple recording formats in 4K and HD codecs:
- 4K codec: XAVC-I QFHD 480, XAVC-I QFHD 300, XAVC-L422 QFHD 200
- HD codec: XAVC-I HD 100, MPEG HD 422, DNxHD, ProRes
- DNxHD codec and ProRes codec require additional codec license.
- External Audio Recording - External audio can input with the SDI embedded and the analog audio.