The PXWX400 offers stunning imaging performance up to 1080/60p, optimized weight balance and ergonomics, and new networking features that enable field-to-air flexibility like never before. The PMWX400 has the perfect balance of performance and practicality. The enhanced ergonomics and mechanical balance allow for all-day shoulder-mount shooting. This camera puts advanced streaming, sophisticated codecs, the power of 1080/60p imagery, the nuances of 10-bit grayscale and the beauty of 4:2:2 color – all within your reach. The PXWX400 supports a variety of Sony viewfinders including the QHD LCD CBKVF02 and the Full HD OLED HDVFEL30 and HDVFEL20. The camcorder offers improved network connectivity, with built-in wireless module, embedded RJ45 Ethernet 100B-T connector and Near Field Communication (NFC) function for easy Wi-Fi setup and operation via a mobile or tablet with Sony’s Content Browser Mobile™ application. With a 1.5G HD-SDI input for pool feed recording, the PXWX400 is a powerful addition to the Sony XDCAM Camcorder family.
- Full HD XAVC-L 50p and 59.94p operations Supports variety of formats including XAVC at 50p and 59.94p.
- Low power and ergonomic design Designed to minimize power consumption, while lighter lens grip reduces front weight and helps reduce on the load on the right-arm.
- Improved network connectivity features include built-in wireless module, RJ45 Ethernet 100B-T connection and NFC function (planned to be available June 2016 via free firmware upgrade), for easy Wi-Fi setup.
- The 1.5G HD-SDI input allows pool feed recording.
- PXWX400KC-20X Manual Focus Lens Kit Model. Three 2/3-inch type Exmor CMOS sensors XDCAM weight-balanced advanced shoulder camcorder with improved network connectivity and low power consumption. The PMW400KC camcorder kit is supplied with a 20x manual focus zoom lens, 3.5-inch LCD CBKVF02 viewfinder, and stereo shotgun microphone.
- PXWX400KF-16X Autofocus Lens Kit Model. Three 2/3-inch type Exmor CMOS sensors XDCAM weight-balanced advanced shoulder camcorder with improved network connectivity and low power consumption. The PXWX400KF camcorder kit is supplied with a16x auto focus zoom lens, 3.5-inch LCD CBKVF02 viewfinder, and stereo shotgun microphone. The auto focus function is planned to be available June 2016 via free firmware upgrade.
The camcorder’s three 2/3-inch type Exmor CMOS sensors provide superb image quality with sensitivity of F12/F13 and a signal to noise ratio of 62dB.
The camcorder’s digital extender offers x2, x3 or x4 operation.
Improved ergonomic design for best-in-class weight-balance
The camcorder has been redesigned to optimize weight and handling capabilities.
The lighter lens grip minimizes front-heavy issues and dramatically reduces the load on the right-arm, making it easier to shoot for long periods.
Supports Full HD OLED viewfinders
The camcorder supports Sony viewfinders including the Full HD OLED HDVFEL30 and HDVFEL20, as well as the QHD LCD CBKVF02.
Embedded RJ-45 connector
An embedded RJ45 Ethernet 100B-T connector on the back of the camcorder provides a robust and fast network connection that can be utilized for file transfer
Live streaming and camera control from a web browser.
Near Field Communication (NFC) function (available in V2.0 coming June 2016)
WLM3 Wi-Fi dongle. A Near Field Communication (NFC) function allows easy, one-touch wireless LAN connection to a smartphone or tablet device without manual setting of the network parameters.
NFC allows close-range wireless communication between the PXWX400 and an NFC-equipped smartphone or tablet device.
Built-in wireless module with Content Browser Mobile™
The camcorder’s built-in wireless module gives you greater mobility, enabling proxy recording and file transfer or live streaming.
In file transfer mode, high-resolution files and XAVC Proxy files can be transferred over wireless connection to cloud or FTP server through the Content Browser Mobile (CBM) application.
In “Push” mode, the CBM application enables users to monitor the currently shot video and to wirelessly control camcorder settings such as focus, zoom, iris, white balance, REC START/STOP, and more.
With Content Browser Mobile V2.0 proxy trim, proxy partial clip upload, and logging are available.
“In streaming” mode, high quality live streaming is provided by advanced Sony QoS technology embedded in the camcorder and in the PWS100RX1 network RX station. Non QoS live streaming is also possible with a third-party receiver or VLC player.
The CBM application can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or App Store.
Dedicated ONLINE button for easy network connection
A dedicated button gives simple on-off control of Network Client Mode, Auto Proxy Clip Upload, and Live Streaming.
Pool feed (SDI input)
1.5G HD-SDI signal can be recorded by the camera, a useful function to record a distributed signal from a remote camera.
Lower power consumption
By optimizing the design of the hardware, the PXWX400 has a low power consumption of 22W (when the wireless function if off, without lens and viewfinder).
Simultaneous Recording on two SxS cards
The PXWX400 offers a simultaneous recording function for peace-of-mind production.
Recording is available on two SxS cards simultaneously as a backup measure within the same codec and operating point when using the following recording formats
XAVC-Intra, XAVC-Long, MPEG HD422, or MPEG HD420. Simultaneous recording with proxy file is supported in all combinations with the above formats an SD card.
Flexible camera system operation
The CAFB70 Optical Fiber Camera Adaptor or the CATX70 Digital Triax Camera Adaptor can be attached to the PXWX400 for live camera operation.
The CAFB70 enables the PXWX400 to transmit signals via an optical fibre cable up to 250 m between the CAFB70 and HXCUFB70 Optical Fibre Camera Control Unit (CCU) with power and signal transmission.
The CATX70 transmits signals via triax cable up to 600 m between the CATX70 and HXCUTX70 Digital Triax Camera Control Unit. When ø 8.5 mm cable is utilized.
- High quality XAVC Long GOP recordings at 50p and 59.94p operations
- The PXWX400 supports a variety of codecs from SD to HD, including MPEG HD 422 50 Mbps in MXF (Material eXchange Format), which is widely accepted by major broadcasters worldwide, and XAVC Intra frame and XAVC Long GOP codecs.
- XAVC technology is based on the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 standard, which provides an exceptional performance compression technology. XAVC provides higher picture quality and bit-depth, thus offers extended grading possibilities.