The new Dimension Three TV audio console provides the best of all possible worlds, combining capabilities such as I/O layering and profiling of channels into any configuration on the surface with unlimited access to sources at any time.
With all I/O managed through a separate rack unit, the Dimension Three has no limitations with fixed connection points on the console chassis itself. Any channel can connect to any audio source, using any preferred audio format at any time, whether it’s HD/SDI, AES, MADI, AoIP, Analog or TDM.
This newest in the Wheatstone Dimension console series offers easy layering of channels and mixes from a menu display or offline through a network connection, and includes a convenient USB interface on its meter bridge for playback of audio clips or for saving and recalling configuration settings. The Dimension Three is freelance-friendly, too! Freelancers can bring in their USB Flash drives week after week or show after show for instant recall of console settings, configurations and layering preferences — plus audio files for the built-in audio clip player.
Based on Wheatstone’s powerful Gibraltar mixing engine capable of 1,024 channels of simultaneous digital signal processing, the Dimension Three can handle the most challenging productions for fixed or remote installations. It offers specialty features such as automatically crossfading between inputs as the switcher or automation system cuts or dissolves between video sources and optimizing levels of group microphones during a dialogue. In addition to Audio-Follow-Video (AFV) switching, the Dimension Three includes audio processing on every input channel and on all major output busses — all with resource sharing through the network and virtually no routing restrictions.
Dimension Three provides an impressive 16 dedicated mix-minus busses and 16 stereo AUX sends plus a bus-minus (N-1) output for every input channel (up to 128 input channels on two pages; 64 physical faders) — in addition to two stereo and two 5.1 surround master busses. It offers up-mixing and down-mixing between stereo and 5.1 sources, plus a full complement of stereo and 5.1 surround panning with EQ and dynamics processing available for each input, each subgroup and each program bus. For overall control, this control surface uses motorized faders, each of which can be mono, stereo, or full 5.1.
- Network access to audio in all major formats: HD/SDI, AES, MADI, AoIP, Analog or TDM
- Flexible I/O layering and profiling of channels
- Built-in audio clip player
- USB interface for Flash drives
- 16 dedicated mix-minus busses
- 16 stereo AUX sends
- Bus-minus (N-1) output for every input channel
- Two 5.1 surround master output busses
- Two stereo master output busses
- Up/Down mixing between 5.1 and stereo
- Full digital audio processing on all inputs and major output busses (EQ, comp/limiter, expander/gate, high/low pass filters)
- Programmable delay applicable to inputs and outputs
- Automatic microphone mixing (AutoMix)
- Audio-follow-video switching (AFV)
- Two programmable soft knobs per input –can be assigned any control function on the console
- 4 fully programmable switches for implementing custom routing and switching functions
- 99 show presets for complete recall of console setups
- Control interface for major automation systems