FM-55 FM audio processor with stereo generator is simple and affordable, yet powerfully modern right down to its AES digital multiplex into the exciter.
Unique among processors, the FM-55 includes new intelligent five-band AGC technology — or iAGC — coupled to a five-band limiter and stereo generator. The combination provides automatic and superior real-time program density control for a consistent, spectrally-balanced sound regardless of density variations in incoming source material.
Other features of the FM-55 include our five-band stereo enhancement and program adaptive L-R control for multipath mitigation.
The FM-55 fully supports the WheatNet-IP Intelligent Network, and is equipped with two analog composite outputs, two SCA inputs, balanced analog Left/Right outputs and an AES digital output which may be switched to deliver either discrete Left/Right or baseband192 digital multiplex signal. Input audio with automatic source failover may be delivered via analog, AES and WheatNet-IP.
The composite output signal is available as traditional analog via twin rear panel BNC connectors and simultaneously as Wheatstone’s baseband192 digital multiplex technology.
The FM-55’s Bass Management System is also new and circumvents bass-related distortion plaguing other broadcast audio processors. The result is increased depth, feel, and clarity of bass impact without affecting mid and high frequency program -- in fact bass detail and the clarity of higher frequency audio are actually enhanced by the new algorithm.
I/O compatibility makes it possible to control the FM-55 and stream its audio to and from anywhere in the IP audio network, making it 100% compatible with WheatNet-IP surfaces and controllers.
- Multiband adaptive iAGC
- Newly developed Bass Management System
- Exclusive stereo multipath controller technology for enhanced stereo reception
- Baseband192 built in for composite digital link to transmitter
- FM peak control via oversampled distortion masked clipper
- Four-band full parametric equalizer
- Variable high pass filter and voice phase rotator
- Ethernet-based remote control via 100BaseT Ethernet and rear panel RJ-45
- Four GPI preset triggers
- Front panel headphone jack
- AES3 digital input accepts 32kHz - 96kHz
- AES3 digital output automatically synchronizes to AES3 digital input
- Precision FM stereo MPX generator with multiplex mask filters
- Specially tuned factory presets
- Guru GUI, for easy setup and navigation
- WheatNet-IP compatible
- Front panel setup and configuration menu eliminates the need for a PC during installation