The Wheatstone M2 is a dual-channel DSP-based voice processor. The M2 is able to operate in completely independent dual channel mode or, at the touch of a button, M/S mode for professional stereo recording applications.
The M2 microphone processor is equipped with twin, matched Super-Quiet (SQ) microphone preamplifiers featuring extremely low noise floor, very wide dynamic range, faithfully accurate transient response, and ruler flat frequency response. Operating in harmony with high quality 24-bit A/D converters and a 96kHz base sample rate the M2 adds absolutely no undesired coloration to the signal and faithfully preserves the sound of any microphone and talent combination. It features twin high-bandwidth, very low noise microphone preamplifiers, a four-section equalizer with high and low shelving EQ and two bands of fully parametric EQ, high and low pass filters, de-esser and expander functions.
The signal path of the M2 may be operated as a dual channel microphone processor with completely independent channels or as an M/S pair for use in professional high-quality, crossed-microphone M/S recordings. Included in the M2 dual-channel voice processor is Wheatstone's smooth-sounding Vorsis dynamics processing, configurable to up to three bands of processing. Adjustable from anywhere on your network the M2 offers the security of password protected TCP/IP-based remote control and no front panel controls.
- Extremely high performance microphone preamplifiers with 48V phantom power
- Two completely independent processing channels - may be operated as an M/S pair
- All digital, field proven Wheatstone-designed advanced processing algorithms
- Phase Scrambler to correct asymmetrical voice waveforms
- High- and low-pass filters as well as an adjustable High-Q notch filter
- Fully adjustable Downward expander
- Precision de-esser sibilance controller
- Four-bands of EQ: low-frequency shelving, two-band parametric, high-frequency shelving
- Compressor: broadband, two, or three bands
- Final precision peak limiter - can be defeated if desired
- TCP/IP-based remote control from anywhere via Vorsis Remote Control Software
- Talent Control Interface software for preset recall without processor control
- Password controlled access and control-less front panel for keeping settings secure
- Full metering of input and output levels and all signal processing
- FFT and oscilloscope displays of pre and post processing audio
- Requires only one rack space