Series Four is a professional broadcast console with the size, feel and module width needed for today’s fast-paced live production. It has a complete tally system and true surround with up/down mixing between 5.1 and stereo, plus busses and mix-minus galore.
This console is made to work with today’s production automation systems -- its control interface is compatible with all the major automation systems on the market. Yet, it has all the important broadcast-specific features, such as automatic studio muting, machine control logic, de-embedding inputs, 5.1 surround capability, balanced or unbalanced AES inputs, router integration, and flexible monitoring capability.
The Series Four features 24 motorized input faders, two main mix busses, four subgroups, up to 48 channel mix-minuses, four mix minus busses, and two AUX sends, plus extensive processing. All input channels have 4-band parametric EQ sections, tunable high and low pass filters, and compressor/limiters, plus expander/gate and programmable delay for lip-sync correction.
Through its Automation Control Interface (ACI), the Series Four integrates seamlessly with production automation systems so operators can, for example, change routing or automatically crossfade between inputs as the switcher or automation system cuts or dissolves between video sources. Faders can be mono, stereo or surround. What’s more, all the mixes generated by the Series Four can be routed to any available outputs on the audio network, including input faders on other network-connected control surfaces. Assign any source of any type to any fader, and share I/O resources with other consoles in the network. It’s all networked through Wheatstone’s BRIDGE TDM system, utilizing Wheatstone’s powerful Gibraltar mix engine technology with 1,024 DSP processing signal paths. This kind of power and modular flexibility provides the extra redundancy that is so critical to broadcast operations, with auto-failover DSP processing on the board and the kind of I/O connectors that stand up to the broadcast environment, not to mention easy touchscreen setup.
Utilizing the Wheatstone BRIDGE TDM audio networking technology, the Series Four can be configured with any combination of analog and digital inputs. Those inputs can be mono mic or line, stereo, or 5.1. Stereo and 5.1 surround output busses allow you to feed both your HD and SD program streams with no fuss.
- 24 motorized input faders
- 2 main mix busses one 5.1 program, one stereo program
- Submasters 4 stereo
- Mix-Minus 8 mono with automatic confidence feed switching
- Auxiliary sends 2 stereo (direct rotary control from fader channel)
- Bus minus direct mix-minus feed from every input fader channel
- 4 mix-minus busses in addition to bus-minus system
- Outputs from all busses and bus-minus are configured within the BRIDGE router matrix and can be analog, and/or digital, or not fitted
- One 5.1 (audio booth), two stereo studio feeds
- Phase reverse
- Surround pan / balance control and blend
- Stereo mode control
- 4-band, parametric equalizer with variable high and low pass filter
- Optional paging
- Compressor / Limiter
- Expander / Gate
- Variable delay on all input faders
- Any source, anywhere networking
- Any audio source can connect with any kind of signal, including analog line level, analog mic level, AES digital, MADI, SDI, and GPIO